First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Interesting as we were just talking about this, so Rivian has stated (service department told me this recently) it will not auto-unlock or lock without it set to 'Always'. You will need the app actively open at the time you approach the vehicle.

In my real world usage, that is not the case. App closed, set to 'while using', the bluetooth connections connect and disconnect the same and it has had no effect on proximity locking. Now, that could be different with another version of the app etc but right now it works fine.
I have to ask, is the Diamond in your profile picture yours?
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarMAN3

CarMAN3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model 3
Battery usage is negligible for me.
Same here, about 8 or 9%. They've made some improvements in the last few months. @JGard18 may have to do some more troubleshooting or proximity tests to find out what's going on.

I have to ask, is the Diamond in your profile picture yours?
I wish, well maybe I don't. The DA50RG is nice and I like the orange but it's too expensive for what it is (heavy and not enough useful load).

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I wish, well maybe I don't. The DA50RG is nice and I like the orange but it's too expensive for what it is (heavy and not enough useful load).
I like the fuel efficiency of their Diesel engines. I was looking at those but I decided that I wasn't ready to commit to an aircraft and spending enough time/money to stay current with hours.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Not sure what there is to do from my end. It wasn’t that bad the first week or two I had the car. Now it’s been awful for about a week.

OP
OP
CarMAN3

CarMAN3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model 3
Not sure what there is to do from my end. It wasn’t that bad the first week or two I had the car. Now it’s been awful for about a week.
You may want to try running through a soft reset, also, how close are you to the car? I noticed mine was worse the closer I was to the vehicle throughout the day. They tweaked it to not be as sensitive but you still may be within the range.

I like the fuel efficiency of their Diesel engines. I was looking at those but I decided that I wasn't ready to commit to an aircraft and spending enough time/money to stay current with hours.
I agree, but there's little reason to get the DA50 over the DA62 (it's very close in price). Still a good fuel burn and much more usability.

For single piston 4-seat, the Cirrus SR22 is really and has been for some time, the best choice.

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
You may want to try running through a soft reset, also, how close are you to the car? I noticed mine was worse the closer I was to the vehicle throughout the day. They tweaked it to not be as sensitive but you still may be within the range.
it’s in my garage all day while I’m in the living room kind of across the house. I’ve seen talk of a 300’ radius, and I’m definitely within that number

OP
OP
CarMAN3

CarMAN3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model 3
it’s in my garage all day while I’m in the living room kind of across the house. I’ve seen talk of a 300’ radius, and I’m definitely within that number
I'm usually around 150' or less now and I don't have an issue. I'd try the soft reset, kill and restart the app. If that doesn't help, I'd open a case with them just so they can track it and maybe look at logs to see what's going on.
Sponsored