First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Having an 18BILLION dollar war chest never hurts when you make pricing decisions.
Sponsored

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Giving Rivian credit for not having dealers and thus not having dealers that can markup their vehicles is a bit like giving someone credit for never cheating on their wife because they never got married. It's true but not much to talk about.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I really hope dealerships in general get folded into the corporate direct sales model. They really don't provide value anymore. I can shop all options, colors etc etc online. I can get pricing and such as well. I can read manuals online, watch videos direct from the manufacture on how to use things.

The dealer is there to get me the car I want nothing else.

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I really hope dealerships in general get folded into the corporate direct sales model. They really don't provide value anymore. I can shop all options, colors etc etc online. I can get pricing and such as well. I can read manuals online, watch videos direct from the manufacture on how to use things.

The dealer is there to get me the car I want nothing else.
Unfortunately, dealerships have a 2nd job which is to overprice your service needs. When your ICE or their new EV offerings breakdown, there needs to be a place to bring it to get it serviced (until independent shops train and figure out how to service EVs)

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Unfortunately, dealerships have a 2nd job which is to overprice your service needs. When your ICE or their new EV offerings breakdown, there needs to be a place to bring it to get it serviced (until independent shops train and figure out how to service EVs)
I would take a corporate run service center any day over a dealers. They would have better knowledge. Not saying my service from Audi/VW/Mini/Acura has been bad but it wouldn't be worse.

Sponsored

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
I know others have posted concerns about the purchase process with Rivian. I for one found no problem with it. I did all the paperwork on a Tuesday and the vehicle was delivered to my door the next day. I acknowledge that the decision to raise prices was not well thought out but at least they acknowledged their mistake and fixed it. I would be perfectly fine if every dealership in America boarded up and took their outrageous markups and $1,000 tuneups with them.

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I know others have posted concerns about the purchase process with Rivian. I for one found no problem with it. I did all the paperwork on a Tuesday and the vehicle was delivered to my door the next day. I acknowledge that the decision to raise prices was not well thought out but at least they acknowledged their mistake and fixed it. I would be perfectly fine if every dealership in America boarded up and took their outrageous markups and $1,000 tuneups with them.
Agreed. When I take my Wrangler into service now, the rates are massively jacked up. Jeeps are suppose to be cheap to own
Sponsored