Sponsored

Rivian Bluetooth Speaker / Lantern - Details & Video!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At first I was lukewarm about the built in BT speaker, but it looks awesome & specs/features are interesting!

Does it sound like that’s RJ’s voice in the video?

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On second listen, I don't think it's RJ's voice.

Also, in the docking portion of the video...is it just me, or does it look to others like the LE/Adventure with the BT option does not have the slide forward console drawer?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

On second listen, I don't think it's RJ's voice.

Also, in the docking portion of the video...is it just me, or does it look to others like the LE/Adventure with the BT option does not have the slide forward console drawer?
Yeah, seems like it slides in below the center arm rest area. I like it, looks stout! Considering the amount of space all over the vehicle, I'm okay with sacrificing a drawer that would likely become a wasteland full of random stuff.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I have several thoughts. (Imagine that :) )

-Looks like a very large BT speaker. Given how good the sound is on my megaboom, which is smaller, I'd imagine this to sound pretty good.
-Pretty sleekly docked under the center console
-I'm concerned about the lack of activity in the factory, at least where this was filmed. Especially as it compares to the activity in the videos we've seen from Lucid with a similar launch date.
-Looks like this will be a test mule vehicle, given the emergency stop button. Lets get these on the road already!!!

PS. I don't want to alarm anyone, but I swear it looks like the Bose logo on the front door speaker grill.

Last edited:
OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-I'm concerned about the lack of activity in the factory, at least where this was filmed. Especially as it compares to the activity in the videos we've seen from Lucid with a similar launch date.
-Looks like this will be a test mule vehicle, given the emergency stop button. Lets get these on the road already!!!
I'm betting this was filmed quite awhile ago. And it doesn't look like it's on or near a production line either. Construction noises in the background too.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Considering the amount of space all over the vehicle, I'm okay with sacrificing a drawer that would likely become a wasteland full of random stuff.
I agree about junk, my consoles get filled with it & then rarely accessed. However, I was hoping they would have a removable soft pack cooler option in there for easy drink access and to grab & go.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
PS. I don't want to alarm anyone, but I swear it looks like the Bose logo on the front door speaker grill.
Perhaps the base surround sound system is Bose? Or maybe Bose is doing the Elevation stuff. I know they’ve had good reviews from like the Panaray system in upper-trim Cadillacs

Or it’s just a random design that happens to look like Bose ?‍♂ Kinda low-res video, and a bit old too

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Bluetooth Speaker / Lantern - Details & Video! Screenshot_20201218-142425

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Bluetooth Speaker / Lantern - Details & Video! 20201218_142756_HDR

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Are we taking about the thing I circled? Cause I mean, kinda? Could be Bose. Could be B&W. Could be a random decorative inlay

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Bluetooth Speaker / Lantern - Details & Video! 58943A0F-B163-4AD0-A981-E7F4D3F18820

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
That thing better lock in super tight!! People are going to lose their minds if it turns into one of the infamous vehicle “rattles”. Better crank that 360 audio to drown it out if so!

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
Perhaps the base surround sound system is Bose? Or maybe Bose is doing the Elevation stuff. I know they’ve had good reviews from like the Panaray system in upper-trim Cadillacs

Or it’s just a random design that happens to look like Bose ?‍♂ Kinda low-res video, and a bit old too
BOSE is hit or miss in the automotive world. I’ve heard it in some applications where I was disappointed by how mediocre it is, some (like my Volvo XC90) where I think it’s really pretty good but maybe not amazing, but also in my Panamera where I’m constantly amazed by how good it is and one of the best I’ve heard.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I agree about junk, my consoles get filled with it & then rarely accessed. However, I was hoping they would have a removable soft pack cooler option in there for easy drink access and to grab & go.
So if there is a powered docking place for the lantern, you could imagine there might be other after market accessories available that could use the same docking spot
Sponsored