Reno/Sparks, NV SC

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2022 Ford Bronco, 2022 Zero FXE
Doesn't seem like it. A week or two ago when I opened a service ticket, I had Sparks as the closest service center in the app, but it wouldn't let me schedule anything there. I just opened another ticket and Sparks doesn't even show up. I'm going to wait until Rivian Service calls me about that ticket and see if they can schedule it for Sparks.
Sponsored

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Andrew Bushnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone have any knowledge/incite into when the proposed Reno/Sparks service center will open. Rivian shows it as a future SC, but it sure would nice to get it rolling ASAP. Thanks.
I did a demo ride on a R1T today and the guy that did the demo said he was moving to reno to work at the service center this week.

I liked the truck. I want the dual motors but sounds like that will be next year after they fill the open orders. So do I quad or dual? :)

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did a demo ride on a R1T today and the guy that did the demo said he was moving to reno to work at the service center this week.

I liked the truck. I want the dual motors but sounds like that will be next year after they fill the open orders. So do I quad or dual? :)
Thanks for the additional info!

I also just talked to service about scheduling a ticket I have open, and they are still not able to schedule at the Reno / Sparks SC and didn't have any more info about it. They noted it on my account and I guess will call me when I can schedule there.

Regarding Quad or Dual, I had a Dual reservation back in May and changed it to Quad and basically got the truck immediately.

Answering which to get kind of depends on your pricing, if you have pre-price hike pricing, doing a Quad now makes the most sense, because it's only $500 more. But if you don't have the pre-price hike pricing, and don't expect to do a lot of off-roading a dual might be a better move.

I'm sure if they come out with a quad enduro version next year I'll have wished I waited and got that!

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
I'm sure if they come out with a quad enduro version next year I'll have wished I waited and got that!
Yup. Thatā€˜s life. There will always be a latest and greatest, just around the corner. If one is always waiting for it, they will miss everything. The proverbial carrot on a stick šŸ˜Š

Sponsored

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just spoke with my guide, as I am taking delivery of my R1T, tomorrow. He informed me that the Reno/Sparks SC is now officially open!!!
That's great news!

It's still not showing up as an option in the Rivian app for scheduling. Hopefully they turn that on soon too.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
With so many conflicting reports on this SC opening, I guess Iā€™ll believe when I see it.

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With so many conflicting reports on this SC opening, I guess Iā€™ll believe when I see it.
Let us know how the delivery goes.

I'm going to try to get some rattles scheduled for a fix at the Reno/Sparks SC as soon as I can.

Sponsored

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I talked to someone at Rivian Service Support again today and they told me the Reno/Sparks SC is there and open, but right now they can only do recall work and deliveries. They are waiting on some kind of government approval to do any non-recall repair work. But that's coming sometime soon?

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got a call from Rivian Service Support and they told me Reno/Sparks is now open!

They got me schedule for a service appointment 2 weeks out to take care of a few interior noise complaints.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
Thatā€™s great!!! Just got my R1T, yesterday. Still checking it out.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
Let us know how the delivery goes.
Delivery went great! Iā€˜ve been driving all over the place šŸ˜Š So far, all seems to be pretty good - no complaints. Body panels look very good, for the most part. Runs great! My only issue is with the suspension over sharp pumps - pot holes, road expansion joints, etc. It can be a little harsh, which surprised me. However, I see they just came out with a new software update that appears to deal with that very issue. RJ is reading my mind šŸ˜‚ So, for now, after about 150 miles, Iā€™m not planning any visits to the Sparks SCšŸ¤ž Itā€™s a joy to drive, especially in the mountains. Seems to be getting very good mileage.

Oh, one small concern. I found this on the back floor. Hmmm. Donā€™t know what this is all about, but I will try to get some answers.

Rivian R1T R1S Reno/Sparks, NV SC IMG_1380

ClaytonW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLUR, Tesla MYP, GMC Yukon XL
Delivery is FREE to Nevada! You canā€™t pick it up in Sac, even if you want to, without dealing with CA taxes and title. Luckily, we pay the Douglas County tax rate, 7.1%. As best as I can tell, the registration is pretty much dialed. I donā€™t think there will be a need to go to DMV In person. Iā€™m getting my R1T delivered in Gardnerville on 9/12. They have had my truck is Sac for almost a week, but the earliest they could deliver it is the 12th. The SC will contact you when they have your truck in Sac.

Weā€™re getting there šŸ˜Š
I received the truck on Wednesday, and today, they sent me EDRS, so I was able to register it online. Pretty fast and smooth, no issues! And yes, I was not charged a delivery fee.
Sponsored