Refreshed Gear Shop and...hmm

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I've purchased a few things from the gear shop, got the email about a refresh, looked at hoodies...noticed the "Adventure Hoodie" at more than twice the price of the I guess Adventure-less hoodie...wondered what make it adventurous...and the description says " This garment can be worn alone or with the other essential items...". OK, worn alone...now I'm wondering if my wife is "Adventurous"...it might be worth $150 to find out.
Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Considering vehicle price... presumably every owner here has paid or is paying. Why does premium pricing on merch still catch people off-guard? The logo on the hood of our R1s isn't Hyundai, Kia, Nissan or Mitsubishi.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've purchased a few things from the gear shop, got the email about a refresh, looked at hoodies...noticed the "Adventure Hoodie" at more than twice the price of the I guess Adventure-less hoodie...wondered what make it adventurous...and the description says " This garment can be worn alone or with the other essential items...". OK, worn alone...now I'm wondering if my wife is "Adventurous"...it might be worth $150 to find out.
I'm waiting for adventure gear I can wear with someone else if you know what I mean.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

Jacopa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Canoo has some dope stuff and they haven't produced anything yet

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Aren’t good quality hoodies that much from good brands like the north face, Fjallraven….typically? I always buy it on sale from REI; but typically I see them around $150 before sale.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Aren’t good quality hoodies that much from good brands like the north face, Fjallraven….typically? I always buy it on sale from REI; but typically I see them around $150 before sale.
Yup. Anyone shocked with merch pricing clearly have not shopped REI. Outside of the house brand, which have gotten steadily more expensive, $150-ish is what's on most price tags.

You know what's missing from Gear Shop? The Hotwheels R1Ts. Instead you'd have to go to Walmart and various dollar stores to find them. Totally wrong product placement.

Last edited:

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

You know what's missing from Gear Shop? The MatchBox R1Ts. Instead you'd have to go to Wallmart and various dollar stores to find them. Totally wrong product placement.
FIFY
I still haven't been able to find one.