Sponsored

Received an email after I picked up my R1T saying I have 1 year of free RAN charging?

jwilthethrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Is this true or not?

I have been reading that it's no longer free...if that's the case why did they send mean email.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

The email is legit. The earliest deliveries ended up getting more than a year free because Rivian had not started charging yet. I actually only got 1 free charge before they changed that. Then earlier this year we saw they were giving folks a year of free RAN charging. So enjoy it!

OP
OP

jwilthethrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The email is legit. The earliest deliveries ended up getting more than a year free because Rivian had not started charging yet. I actually only got 1 free charge before they changed that. Then earlier this year we saw they were giving folks a year of free RAN charging. So enjoy it!
sweet, thanks for the info

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

"Free RAN charging!"

No RANs anywhere near *our* road trip routes...

Rivian R1T R1S Received an email after I picked up my R1T saying I have 1 year of free RAN charging? 1000010716

"We're going to start charging for RAN..."

RAN opens in Spokane.

Sponsored

scr5008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Operations
I feel like I fall into a period of time when I bought my truck (march 23) where I missed out on some perks from rivian.

Bought too late to use free RANs, too early to get the year free. I did have the truck during the free period, but RANs were non existent within 500miles of me.

Same with the tonneau. Couldn’t order mine with a tonneau, wanted the auto. Bought too late for the auto, too early for the manual.

None of these are game changers, but I still feel like a relatively early adopter, but didn’t get launch perks, and not getting stimulus perks available now. Kindof frustrating.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Don't feel bad. We are some of the very earliest adopters (11/28/2018). We got no perks whatsoever. We love the truck anyway.

Brian

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

I feel like I fall into a period of time when I bought my truck (march 23) where I missed out on some perks from rivian.

Bought too late to use free RANs, too early to get the year free. I did have the truck during the free period, but RANs were non existent within 500miles of me.

Same with the tonneau. Couldn’t order mine with a tonneau, wanted the auto. Bought too late for the auto, too early for the manual.

None of these are game changers, but I still feel like a relatively early adopter, but didn’t get launch perks, and not getting stimulus perks available now. Kindof frustrating.
I understand why you might feel that way. I just always remind myself that Rivian gave me a pretty big discount on an amazing truck that I couldn’t afford otherwise. They didn’t have to do that and I will always be grateful for it. I don’t need anything else.

scr5008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Operations
I understand why you might feel that way. I just always remind myself that Rivian gave me a pretty big discount on an amazing truck that I couldn’t afford otherwise. They didn’t have to do that and I will always be grateful for it. I don’t need anything else.
Haha, I reserved too late for the discount!

my little rant above is just that, it’s overall insignificant and I’m very pleased with the truck and knowing what I know now I would make the same decision.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

...Man, I didn't realize I already posted from my ALT account!
Not sure why I put my location as "Texas," though 🤔

I feel you, brother!

Sponsored

Treebeard

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Fire Marshal
Clubs

I still haven't even seen a RAN charger.......40k and 2 years in.....
They are sooooooo much better than the EA crap. It’s luxury the first time. Mercedes chargers have given me the fastest charge next to the RAN.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
They are sooooooo much better than the EA crap. It’s luxury the first time. Mercedes chargers have given me the fastest charge next to the RAN.
A RAN going in about a hour from me now.....the chargers are all under the protective coverings waiting to be installed, but hopefully sOOn!

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

"Free RAN charging!"

No RANs anywhere near *our* road trip routes...

1000010716.gif

"We're going to start charging for RAN..."

RAN opens in Spokane.
Yeah, they made them cost money while I was on a major road trip, and planned my route back to hit as many RAN as possible. Out of 10 RAN on the way back, I got to use 2 before they turned on billing. One night, I arrived at my destination campground (which didn't allow EVs to plug in,) went "huh, the RAN is only a mile away, I should top off tonight just in case they turn on billing overnight."

My wife said "don't worry about it now, just charge in the morning."

Yep, that's the night they turned on billing.

CANCERDOC

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S PDM
Occupation
Healthcare
I thought the one year free RAN charging in 2024 is only if you trade in an eligible vehicle? I don’t think it applies for all recent purchases.

Ingo B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Word Slinger

Me too. I -just-missed having the in-dash 12V. I try not to think about it…haha
Sponsored