Rear door disassembly?

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
We had a hot chocolate incident on the way back from skiing today, and after thorough cleanup it is still dripping from within the rear door interior panels. Does anyone know how to disassemble the rear door interior to get it cleaned out? I can only find one t25 bolt in the bottom of the storage pocket and no obvious places where there are body clips to pop off. This thing is remarkably solidly built!
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
We had a hot chocolate incident on the way back from skiing today, and after thorough cleanup it is still dripping from within the rear door interior panels. Does anyone know how to disassemble the rear door interior to get it cleaned out? I can only find one t25 bolt in the bottom of the storage pocket and no obvious places where there are body clips to pop off. This thing is remarkably solidly built!
Munro assoc videos? Haven't watched all of them but they did disassemble a R1T.
Or just leave the door open until it stops dripping?

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
I disassembled my front door. Have have done other doors panels from newer vehicles so i have a slight understanding on how they work. I could help but I can attest it wasn't fun nor easy.

There are some push panels that you have to pry up to find hidden fasteners

Rivian R1T R1S Rear door disassembly? 20221017_211253

OP
OP

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Or just leave the door open until it stops dripping?
This is milk and sugar, I don’t particularly want it caked inside the door, dry or not. Kids…. 🤬🤬

OP
OP

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I disassembled my front door. Have have done other doors panels from newer vehicles so i have a slight understanding on how they work. I could help but I can attest it wasn't fun nor easy.

There are some push panels that you have to pry up to find hidden fasteners

20221017_211253.jpg
Ugh, that does look daunting and wasn’t the easy answer I was hoping for. My prior experience tearing down interiors has been mostly Jeeps, and the R1T is clearly not the same cheap plastic construction.

Sponsored

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
This was helpful for me when I removed the front panel. Probably some similarities with the rear.

I didn't find it that daunting, but I've removed a variety of door panels before.

OP
OP

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
This was helpful for me when I removed the front panel. Probably some similarities with the rear.

I didn't find it that daunting, but I've removed a variety of door panels before.

Thanks! That looks potentially helpful, I’ll post back after I take another stab at it.
Sponsored