Sponsored

Rear brake light bar?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
As an aside, the RTT mounted on my bed rack blocks the 3rd brake light. I tried wiring in an auxiliary light directly to the passenger rear light assembly, but it was a fail. It's not an analog signal, but rather digital. I since found out it's not even simple digital, but a modified version of CANBUS (thanks Robert). LIttle hope of adding an aux
20220805_182421.jpg
light until someone decodes the digital logic.

2022-07-23 San Juans 20220723_105553.jpg
Can you share details of your bedside rails and rack?
Sponsored

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I wonder if enabling the tailgate LED light to become a brake light is hardware, software or both.
It's probably just software. The smaller of the light bars on the tailgate (the one that pulses green while charging that is below the main light bar) most likely has RGB LEDs. I would be surprised if it has specific green-only LEDs. It should be capable of lighting up as a brake light independent of the rear running light and in unison with the two smaller brake lights on the outer edge.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
The regulations dictate that your lights must be on a none-moving part, however auxiliary lights can me mounted anywhere. so you can have brake lights on the corner AND the center.

but yeah, the RIVIAN brake lights are a bit odd, almost as bad as those RAV4 brake lights.

Pharmanml

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep JK Rubicon Recon
Has anyone tried a hitch step with a built in brake light? There are a couple on Amazon. Has an additional brake light and makes accessing the bed easier. Might solve two problems with a single proverbial stone.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Has anyone tried a hitch step with a built in brake light? There are a couple on Amazon. Has an additional brake light and makes accessing the bed easier. Might solve two problems with a single proverbial stone.
you have to power it, though…. And plugging into the trailer connector disables a bunch of sensors/features Because the truck thinks you’re towing.

Ozmt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 genesis gv70 sport prestige. 13 fiat pop, 22 R1
Occupation
Air traffic controller, retired
There is no void space between the tailgate and bumper.
I bought a single row led strip and it fit OK. However, plugging it in to the trailer lights makes the truck think you're pulling a trailer. This shuts off several safety features. So, it does fit and work properly but the truck doesn't like it. Unplugged for now looking for solutions
Sponsored