Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
This video shows the one in a Subaru. guy calls it a "backup camera" mistakenly because if you flip position for camera-view its on all the time (forward/back, stopped). This shows nicely the vivid image quality that I'm talking about. It takes a bit of getting used to actually because things are so much more visible in terms or field-of-view and clarity. You also have to 'recalibrate your mind' about reacting to vehicles closing the gap as they approach behind you. Until you get used to it your butt puckers anticipating a collision.

My 2017 BoltEV has precisely the same system, and hasn't caught on fire yet. I love it. Asked Rivian CS about it months ago, and they said they would pass it up the chain, haven't heard anything more.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
She's great. She keeps posting more and more pics as time passes.
I wonder of she and her husband also got an invite for the interviews.
We've been in touch, but not scheduled yet.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Not everyone is enamored with those video "mirrors".
Many like them, some do not (they often have problems with quickly shifting focal distance from far to near and back).
That they should offer one is an opinion, not a given. I'm mostly neutral on the issue but lean towards "glad they didn't add one more gizmo that will be an expensive fix if it breaks".
I had one in a rental car once and hated it.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Hadn’t realized how large my R1T will look next to the wife’s XC90.

Note: change that XC90 to a bright red Type-R T8 but keep the R1T in that color and wheels, and you have what I hope will be our garage in less than a year.
It would look a lot smaller if the suspension was at park/kneel height, I think

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
At first glance this looks like Granite to me - I thought the Limestone would be much lighter than this (especially given it is under factory white lights).
Yea, I was surprised to hear that color described as "Limestone". If that's accurate, then I'll be changing my color choice.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
At first glance this looks like Granite to me - I thought the Limestone would be much lighter than this (especially given it is under factory white lights).
I thought the same thing. Maybe its just the lighting and quality of the video, but I'm really hoping it's lighter

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
Crashmtb’s post of the R1T in blue shows nearly perfect panel gaps!! Good sign

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Copied from the Alpha Superwolf thread

As thrill said there:

"Their 'launch green' looks pretty sharp." I agree that it does. At least we know Rivian's L.G. really exists. Alpha's? Time will tell.....

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Rivian community,

I'm pleased to kick off my new line of amazing vehicles to the world, right here on RivianForums. They're all part of the most incredible transportation company known to mankind. For the first time ever, I'm pleased to introduce this magnificent line of full electric vehicles that the world, no, the entire universe, has yet to experience! These vehicles are not only fully electric, they're full self-driving, full self-charging, and full self-actualizing, all with Asteroid-Proof glass and bodies!

Behold! I introduce to you the Beta Sheep, Sheep+, and SuperSheep!

These vehicles are being made public here, for the first time, against the backdrop of our new parking and roadway surface, made entirely of trees that died a natural death from an over-abundance of carbon in the atmosphere.
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 20210824_150825-

These vehicles are so special and efficient that you can get over 7,000 miles on a single charge, all in less than 15 minutes. Best of all, you're able to gain that full charge from the same USB-C charger used for your cell phone or other personal devices, as shown here, on the Sheep, pictured in our Three-Mile Island Radioactive Green Mist foam wrap. It actually glows in the dark!

"Nothing says clean, like glow-in-the-dark green!"
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 20210824_152112-

Next is our ultra-modern, two-person Sheep+ in Sunset From Europa Reddish Burnt Orange. The Interior is done in Milky Way Galactica. While the specks appear to be dust-like against the backdrop of Deep Space, they are actually a reproduction of our home galaxy as hand-painted by an actual T.V. Astrophysicist, by the initials of N.D.T. The steering wheel is actually embossed with hand-inlayed Sterling Silver-like paint.
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 20210824_153744-

And last, but not least, is our five-row, seventeen passenger Luxurotransporter Model of the SuperSheep, in White As Seagull-ible matted finish. It's as though the Seagulls themselves loved it so much, they laid down their own deposit. The look alone causes many an onlooker to exclaim, "Wow, that's really Progressive!"
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 20210824_153611-

We know you'd love to see the interior of this Spacecraft-On-Earth, but we've engaged our unique "Darth Vader Shader" glass technology so as not to over-share everything ahead of our upcoming BlastOff, scheduled to take place in early December (year TBD).

Although we're currently spending all of our time, resources, and energy developing the tremendous technology behind these incredible vehicles, our Marketing Department was still able to craft the following video to show off all of our achievements to date (following this amazing video is a sneak-peek at our upcoming retro-line versions of all three Beta vehicles from our Ansel Adams collection).

The Ansel Adams Collection​
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 20210824_150749_03

For those of you lucky enough to become early adopters of the Beta Lifestyle, not only will you be able to make a $10,000 semi-refundible deposit on the Beta vehicle(s) of your choice, but you'll also have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join in the soon-to-be-revealed SPAC, ahead of it going both public and sky-high. Don't be the one who missed the chance to be taken for a ride!

Call 1-800-GULLIBLE today for a full prospectus of this offer, along with the upcoming SEC pleadings. (offering underwritten by Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe, a fully delisted company).
Sponsored