Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Found the location for the proposed Saginaw, MI charger. Charger is being put in at the Target/Staples parking lot at 2772 Tittabawasee Rd, Saginaw, MI.

Transformer from Consumers Energy is set as well as ”service switchboard”. Looks like it pretty much just needs the chargers and for wiring to be run to the chargers.

Looks to be four chargers but they are not technically pull through. There are travel lanes in front and back of the chargers. But, the chargers are far enough out in the parking lot that you could likely do a pull through if needed and not terribly interfere with other vehicles. Pretty decent location with several restaurants within walking distance.

E81991A2-3ED0-43EB-8C38-2F1A70ACFC6B.jpeg

D55BBDEF-5873-41A4-B36D-44B021F0C79C.jpeg
Looks like no changes since the first photos hit plugshare in July.
Sponsored

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Found the location for the proposed Saginaw, MI charger. Charger is being put in at the Target/Staples parking lot at 2772 Tittabawasee Rd, Saginaw, MI.

Transformer from Consumers Energy is set as well as ”service switchboard”. Looks like it pretty much just needs the chargers and for wiring to be run to the chargers.

Looks to be four chargers but they are not technically pull through. There are travel lanes in front and back of the chargers. But, the chargers are far enough out in the parking lot that you could likely do a pull through if needed and not terribly interfere with other vehicles. Pretty decent location with several restaurants within walking distance.

E81991A2-3ED0-43EB-8C38-2F1A70ACFC6B.jpeg

D55BBDEF-5873-41A4-B36D-44B021F0C79C.jpeg
Actually there has been progress. In the PlugShare pics, there’s a concrete pad to the left of the white switch box. That’s now got a Consumer’s Energy transformer sitting on it. My pics don’t show it.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Actually there has been progress. In the PlugShare pics, there’s a concrete pad to the left of the white switch box. That’s now got a Consumer’s Energy transformer sitting on it. My pics don’t show it.
SIAP, but on the google map in the first post of this thread, it lists Rivian's service centers and hubs. As Rivian owners are we able to use these for charging? If so, what speed charging is generally available at these locations?

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
SIAP, but on the google map in the first post of this thread, it lists Rivian's service centers and hubs. As Rivian owners are we able to use these for charging? If so, what speed charging is generally available at these locations?
The few times we've seen reports of people asking a service center about their chargers, the staff has said they are only for use by the service center for vehicles that are in for service.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Looks like Rivian updated the graphic on their website. I guess this gives us a better idea of what is coming soon. I guess we also don’t know which coming soon sites are waypoint vs RAN stations.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps BD5E3D73-8785-4FE3-A00E-2316C489CFAD

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Looks like Rivian updated the graphic on their website. I guess this gives us a better idea of what is coming soon. I guess we also don’t know which coming soon sites are waypoint vs RAN stations.

BD5E3D73-8785-4FE3-A00E-2316C489CFAD.png
That map would be more useful if "Coming Soon" was broken down into Waypoint stations or Adventure Network Stations. Let me know if I need to find the hotel the waypoint is at or let me roll up and charge for 30-45 minutes, it is a big difference.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That map would be more useful if "Coming Soon" was broken down into Waypoint stations or Adventure Network Stations. Let me know if I need to find the hotel the waypoint is at or let me roll up and charge for 30-45 minutes, it is a big difference.
@SeaGeo commented in the thread about the new official map that from the locations he checked, they looked like all RAN and no Waypoints to his eye.

The 2-3 I was interested in also do match areas where I expect a RAN station, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't going to put in a Waypoint first and then a RAN later.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

@SeaGeo commented in the thread about the new official map that from the locations he checked, they looked like all RAN and no Waypoints to his eye.

The 2-3 I was interested in also do match areas where I expect a RAN station, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't going to put in a Waypoint first and then a RAN later.
All the ones in my state look like planned RAN deployments and not waypoint.

Something else interesting, at the closest zoom level, the map shows traffic information.
Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1670362080707

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
any updates on sedona AZ? heading here in 10 days and would love it to be open... haha

when we see the zone permit expiration date does the site need to be completed by that date? sedona close date was 12/27/22 coming up soon.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking a little further at some of the "Coming Soon" locations in the SE and a comparison with crowd-sourced data on actual sites (referencing the metro/general area):

Greenville, SC - known address under construction
Augusta, GA - permit pulled
Charlotte, NC - permit pulled
Savannah, GA - under construction
Blowing Rock, NC - permit pulled, possibly under construction
NE of Raleigh Durham along I95 - permit pulled

Others I don't have any info on but now encourage people interested in the area to do some more sleuthing (east coast only)
  • Cherokee, NC
  • Macon, GA
  • Fancy Gap, VA (or maybe that's somewhere like Stuart or Martinsville now?)
  • Roanoke, VA
  • Waynesboro, VA
  • Front Royal, VA
  • Hagerstown, MD
  • Breezewood, PA
  • Belcamp, MD
  • Newark or Wilmington, DE (I think it's the former, but it's hard to tell with the large diamond)

Sponsored

HokieR1T

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T LG/BM/20 AT
Looking a little further at some of the "Coming Soon" locations in the SE and a comparison with crowd-sourced data on actual sites (referencing the metro/general area):

Greenville, SC - known address under construction
Augusta, GA - permit pulled
Charlotte, NC - permit pulled
Savannah, GA - under construction
Blowing Rock, NC - permit pulled, possibly under construction
NE of Raleigh Durham along I95 - permit pulled

Others I don't have any info on but now encourage people interested in the area to do some more sleuthing (east coast only)
  • Cherokee, NC
  • Macon, GA
  • Fancy Gap, VA (or maybe that's somewhere like Stuart or Martinsville now?)
  • Roanoke, VA
  • Waynesboro, VA
  • Front Royal, VA
  • Hagerstown, MD
  • Breezewood, PA
  • Belcamp, MD
  • Newark or Wilmington, DE (I think it's the former, but it's hard to tell with the large diamond)
Has to be Fancy Gap. I'm curious if it will below the mountain by the Love's or exit 8 which doesn't have a modern gas station. Stuart? Always shocked when someone knows where it is, but a little 50 kWh or 62 kWh chargepoint station on main street was be perfect. I took a closer look at the diamond does appear to be closer to Meadows of Dan... but logically it has to be Fancy Gap. also, as nice as Fancy Gap will be.... I'd trade it for Manteo in a heartbeat.

The Charlotte location at the REI is getting close.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has to be Fancy Gap. I'm curious if it will below the mountain by the Love's or exit 8 which doesn't have a modern gas station. Stuart? Always shocked when someone knows where it is, but a little 50 kWh or 62 kWh chargepoint station on main street was be perfect.

The Charlotte location at the REI is getting close.
I’ll admit I have no idea where Stuart is other than that I was looking at Google Maps trying to match up the location on the Rivian map to the towns and highways on the Google Map.

I have heard of Fancy Gap though!

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just updated the map to reflect the latest version of the RAN map on Rivian's webpage. The layer for "target areas" now reflects 3 statuses: Open, Soon, and Other/Unknown. That will give an overall impression of progress and what's expected to come in the short and long term.

The layer with known addresses, including Open, Construction, and Permit will stay the same.

As always, please feel free to respond to this thread of DM me with any errors, updates, new discoveries, etc. I will update it when I get a chance.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Just updated the map to reflect the latest version of the RAN map on Rivian's webpage. The layer for "target areas" now reflects 3 statuses: Open, Soon, and Other/Unknown. That will give an overall impression of progress and what's expected to come in the short and long term.

The layer with known addresses, including Open, Construction, and Permit will stay the same.

As always, please feel free to respond to this thread of DM me with any errors, updates, new discoveries, etc. I will update it when I get a chance.
Dateland, AZ is under permit pulled 5/10/22

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Looks like a new station is live according to Rivian.com. Looks like Montrose, CO.
Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 2B869CBC-5ADF-4F13-8253-E7576547183B

Edit: on the app as well

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 7281E351-CC45-451A-8230-5DC51E4ACA1E
Sponsored

Last edited: