Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

Would love to know about Grand Junction as well.

Broomfield (Flatirons Mall) is still MIA with no chargers and just the fittings sitting there…
Just drove by that "location" last Saturday. It looks like it is going in right next to a Tesla supercharger but it is not as far along as the Broomfield on, i.e it looks like there is a space for it but no base/fittings.
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just drove by that "location" last Saturday. It looks like it is going in right next to a Tesla supercharger but it is not as far along as the Broomfield on, i.e it looks like there is a space for it but no base/fittings.
I won't shoot the messenger, but that's disappointing and that would be a gateway location to a lot more mountain locations, Utah, etc. I don't know why some of these are taking so long.

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

I won't shoot the messenger, but that's disappointing and that would be a gateway location to a lot more mountain locations, Utah, etc. I don't know why some of these are taking so long.
I will say the fast chargers at the Sams Club in GJ worked like a dream so don't postpone any trips waiting for the RAN. The fast charger in Edwards also made the trip extremely smooth to and from the front range.

I was going to try the Montrose and Salida RAN chargers on my way back but 24 inches of snow on Monarch pass scared me off

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Project Name:Rivian Automotive EVCS - Dallas
Project Number:TABS2023014696
Facility Name:Shopping Center Parking Garage
Location Address:
8048 Park Ln Suite 200
Dallas, TX 75231

Project Name:Rivian Automotive EVCS - Cisco
Project Number:TABS2023014700
Facility Name:Cisco Travel Plaza
Location Address:
16851 I-20 Frontage, Suite EV
Cisco, TX 76437

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Any update on buttonwillow? Feel like they have been working on this location for a long time...

Sponsored

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Any update on buttonwillow? Feel like they have been working on this location for a long time...
I'm eager for news on this one, too. Would be great for our regular trips between SoCal and the Central Valley.

Rasputin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KTM, Vespa
Does anyone have news (or ability to check :p ) on the Olanche, CA location? Looks like it's been in-progress for a while, it's kinda the key to my hopeful Death Valley visit! Otherwise ... not sure how we could safely make it in, camp, back out.

Thanks!
There are 4 or 6 chargers in Furnace and a bunch of 14-50's in Stovepipe. There are also hookups at some campgrounds in Furnace. Was just out there a couple weeks ago and didn't stop at Olancha, but there is also another DCFC at Coso Rest area (temp under repair) and one at Searles Valley if you need it out that way. Most of the park was still closed but it looks like it's starting to open back up.

Last edited:

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I'm sitting at the RAN in Sacramento (first time at this RAN) getting some free electrons before heading home. It appears that the chargers are installed backwards. Imagine if the chargers were installed 180 degrees from what they should be. :) You have to pull the house around behind the charger and plug it into your vehicle. One of the chargers is completely dead... as in no power to it at all.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I'm hoping they get the Christina mall location in Delaware complete soon. Will be a huge location for summer travel in the northeast

Also hoping any new Tesla chargers that go in are magic doc, heading to New Hampshire and there is a new epsom,nh location going in with charge point and Tesla chargers

Nilator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE (LAS/BM/20)
Project Name:Rivian Automotive EVCS - Dallas
Project Number:TABS2023014696
Facility Name:Shopping Center Parking Garage
Location Address:
8048 Park Ln Suite 200
Dallas, TX 75231

Project Name:Rivian Automotive EVCS - Cisco
Project Number:TABS2023014700
Facility Name:Cisco Travel Plaza
Location Address:
16851 I-20 Frontage, Suite EV
Cisco, TX 76437
THE STARS AT NIGHT
ARE BIG & BRIGHT…
👏👏👏👏

Sponsored

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
I'm sitting at the RAN in Sacramento (first time at this RAN) getting some free electrons before heading home. It appears that the chargers are installed backwards. Imagine if the chargers were installed 180 degrees from what they should be. :) You have to pull the house around behind the charger and plug it into your vehicle. One of the chargers is completely dead... as in no power to it at all.
Agreed. The pedestals face 180 degrees away from each parking spot that's close enough for the connector to reach the R1. Just getting the connector to the vehicle requires twisted it and hold against the side load of the cable.

Someone didn't read the schematic.

I saw a photo of diagonal spots that made the most sense. In-between each spot there's a triangle of sidewalk so the charger is facing the driver's window face-on, at about 45 degrees to the side of the vehicle. The charge connector lifts out of the pedestal and reaches the charge port without twisting the cable.

For 90 degree parking, the pedestal can be on the sidewalk, protected by metal poles ("bollards") and reach the vehicle charge port without twisting the cable. That's the arrangement of one pedestal at the Truckee RAN, which is also a wide open spot for a trailer …. someone _did_ read the schematic and put some thought into that one! : )

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Agreed. The pedestals face 180 degrees away from each parking spot that's close enough for the connector to reach the R1. Just getting the connector to the vehicle requires twisted it and hold against the side load of the cable.

Someone didn't read the schematic.

I saw a photo of diagonal spots that made the most sense. In-between each spot there's a triangle of sidewalk so the charger is facing the driver's window face-on, at about 45 degrees to the side of the vehicle. The charge connector lifts out of the pedestal and reaches the charge port without twisting the cable.

For 90 degree parking, the pedestal can be on the sidewalk, protected by metal poles ("bollards") and reach the vehicle charge port without twisting the cable. That's the arrangement of one pedestal at the Truckee RAN, which is also a wide open spot for a trailer …. someone _did_ read the schematic and put some thought into that one! : )
At this point, it's measure once...cut twice.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
New updates for this week:

Corte Madera is getting 10 chargers across 2 phases (6+4) at the Town Center Corte Madera.

<edit: realized that the “Town Center” is indeed the same mall that houses the CM REI>

It’s possible the station has started staging for construction. I didn’t realize a station was planned for CM, but when I was up there last week at the REI, the north end of the parking lot next to 101 has an an area cordoned off with construction materials stored behind it. I was parked next to it while we popped into REI to pick up another bike rack and various granola-related items.

FYI, this is the specific location I’m referring to. Immediately next to the gas station I somewhat hilariously drove past when getting back to the 101S on-ramp.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/5fT14ycErzgb5uKq9?g_st=ic

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

New updates for this week:

Corte Madera is getting 10 chargers across 2 phases (6+4) at the Town Center Corte Madera.

Myrtle Beach is getting 12 chargers across 2 phases (6+6) at Coastal Grand Mall.

CH22-505RivianRendering (1)_page-0001.jpg

This is interesting since Myrtle Beach is not in the map for an L3 charger.
Sponsored