First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The reason I think it will be 100k is because it can be the car that performs like a Lucid, or better, and can go off road.
So you think the R3X is going to cost more than the R1S QM really?
I just don't see that happening.
If the R3X has 300 miles of range and comes in less than $40K it will be a category killer. I think it will be higher $ than that, but they will sell a ton of them. A perfect urban, take on the trails when you want to, kind of car. Brilliant.
Zero chance the R3X is under 40K, highly doubt it will be under 50K
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Buying shares doesn't help the company stay alive unless they do a supplemental offering - otherwise it just puts $$$ in the pocket of the shareholder(s) who sold them.
Sure it does. Taking shares out of circulation means when they need more money they can get it with less dilution.

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

So you think the R3X is going to cost more than the R1S QM really?
I just don't see that happening.

Zero chance the R3X is under 40K, highly doubt it will be under 50K
I was thinking more like $60k for the loaded R3X.

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
Sure it does. Taking shares out of circulation means when they need more money they can get it with less dilution.
The only time Rivian directly benefited in any material way from anyone buying their shares was in the IPO. Post-IPO, when you buy their shares, you're buying from another shareholder who's selling - Rivian doesn't see that money.

Check out their cash flow from financing activities in the cash flow statement in their '23 10K if you don't believe me.

JAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My partner and I are so hyped for the R3X holy shit

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Since seeing that R3X yesterday I have been thinking about whether I should eventually trade in my T on it and whether I can go that small again by using ALL of the accessories they showed off :CWL: Love that thing.
I too am extremely in love with the R3X… I’m a single dad with two kids and the R1T cabin is already fairly tight— but I still want the R3X! I wish I kept my 2003 Tacoma now, but maybe this lets me get a single cab long bed for when I need a truck and use the R3X as my daily and adventure car?! Get a little teardrop trailer?! Oh god… I am excite.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
If the R3X has 300 miles of range and comes in less than $40K it will be a category killer. I think it will be higher $ than that, but they will sell a ton of them. A perfect urban, take on the trails when you want to, kind of car. Brilliant.
The R3 will be 300 miles of range and less than $40k (probably). The R3X feels like a $60k car.

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

Bear in mind that currently a loaded Model 3 Long Range 2 motor is right at $60k with Autopilot added. FSD is $6k more than that. I think the smaller loaded tri-motor R3X at $60k is a safe bet. (all prices before any tax credits or other incentives)

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
When I got rid of my Ionic 5 for the R1T I said I would never not have a truck again. Damn the R3X is changing my mind! I love hot hatches and they nailed it with this.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

ok, I am sure I am just missing this, butnlooked over the gallery of the R3 on Rivian's website and the pic of them plugging it in does't look like a CCS receptor. Does the R3 have fast charging?

Sponsored

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

This window configuration on the 2nd row door is interesting. I take it the small trapezoid-shaped window doesn't roll down, so when the larger window is down and the door opens, that little window is just sticking up by itself. I think that would look pretty odd.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 7.11.57 PM.png

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
This window configuration on the 2nd row door is interesting. I take it the small trapezoid-shaped window doesn't roll down, so when the larger window is down and the door opens, that little window is just sticking up by itself. I think that would look pretty odd.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 7.11.57 PM.png
Look at the photo closer. It’s there because that back window is propped open.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

IMG_0488.gif
Sponsored