First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Just measuring out specs for a new garage I'm building to hold the R1T (gotta give it a real home!). I see on the Rivian web site the specs that list the height in various ways (below). But can't find anywhere that shows a measurement WITH the rack on the rooftop. Anyone know, or can make an educated guess? The measurement says height with antenna and, best I can tell, the rack is pretty level with the antenna so I'd guess the max height with rack is going to be about 80 inches or under. Then, add on another 4-5 inches for the device that is clamped on top of the rack (e.g. bike holder, folded down) and you get around 85 inches.

I guess I could ask the question this way:
How high do I need my garage door opening to be?? (guessing that I'm not going to want to go to "kneel" mode every time I put it in the driveway)

View attachment 11580

View attachment 11579

View attachment 11578
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Not sure on the height, but just to add to the fire, I got an email today confirming the R1S length is 200.8, not 202in.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

The average garage door height is 7 foot (84 inches). Those crossbars can't be taller than 5". If that's the case then it will be 83.3" at max height. It would still fit.

My garage door opening is currently 88". I could take it up to 8 feet (96 inches). If you want to be save, go for an 8' opening.

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
The average garage door height is 7 foot (84 inches). Those crossbars can't be taller than 5". If that's the case then it will be 83.3" at max height. It would still fit.

My garage door opening is currently 88". I could take it up to 8 feet (96 inches). If you want to be save, go for an 8' opening.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm looking at 8ft high option which I think might future-proof the garage a bit. Looks like 8 ft high are standard. Sgt Beavis - Do you park a truck in your garage?

(by the way, I think I remember from a previous thread that you're in Denver - close to my kid's school at 5 Points!)

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Thanks! Yeah, I'm looking at 8ft high option which I think might future-proof the garage a bit. Looks like 8 ft high are standard. Sgt Beavis - Do you park a truck in your garage?

(by the way, I think I remember from a previous thread that you're in Denver - close to my kid's school at 5 Points!)
Yea, I'm in Erie. I've had a Raptor until last spring. It fit just fine.
I also have a Wrangler that has a 3.5" lift and 37s. It's about 7' tall and fits just fine.

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Similar question: Does anyone know the total width with the Gear Tunnel doors open??

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I don’t know the dimensions of the garage you’re planning, but more is better. If you are doing two single doors, make them 10’ x 10’ with 18” between them.

you will not want for space in the slightest. ?

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I don’t know the dimensions of the garage you’re planning, but more is better. If you are doing two single doors, make them 10’ x 10’ with 18” between them.

you will not want for space in the slightest. ?
Mine is 10 wide and 9 tall. Should work, though 10 by 10 is better! ?
Sponsored