Sponsored

R1T Stereo + Amp Installation Project

supercollider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Dual
I dropped my truck off for my install yesterday. Excited to see how it turns out:

-Helix Audio V12Mk 2 DSP Amp
-Blam Audio Live 3 way components front - 6.5 power series
-Blam Audio Live coax rear: keeping the tweeters away from driver ear.
-Center channel Speaker - to be named later
-JL Audio 10TW3 shallow sub in custom enclosure under rear seat.
-Alpine mono sup amp
-Sound dampening in the doors and bench seat.

It's my first time working with Agoura Autosounds, and i can say that Jaime is a true craftsman and a pleasure to work with.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Stereo + Amp Installation Project 1711592292268-p6
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Stereo + Amp Installation Project 1711592369549-l9
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

supercollider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Dual
More pics from the install. I'm so impressed by the attention to detail. Juan (owner) adds spacers to help the speaker project into the cab of the body, which helps with acoustics, and adds foam between speaker and door to avoid rattling.

It sounds great, and and the cabin volume is much quieter (which makes the music sound even better).

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Stereo + Amp Installation Project IMG_1850

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Stereo + Amp Installation Project IMG_1845

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Stereo + Amp Installation Project IMG_1830

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Stereo + Amp Installation Project IMG_1848

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Stereo + Amp Installation Project IMG_1816

cgm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Cadillac ATS-V, SRT Viper, Kawasaki ZX-14R
Ugh, so jealous.

I'm just starting the planning stages for doing some audio mods to the R1S. The stock system is...adequate. If you don't mind me asking, what are we talking in terms of price? How much was the gear? How much was the labor?

You said that the truck is quieter - is it a small or large difference?

I'm in Denver and I'm sure there's a few places that have worked on Rivians, but I'm not aware of any.

J-Flo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Yes, please provide more details. I read somewhere here that somebody bricked his Rivian by changing the speakers, supposedly because of a different current draw but maybe I’m misremembering that incorrectly (it was pretty hard to understand how that could happen absent a wiring short).

OP
OP

supercollider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Dual
Well.. I spent a good bit, labor alone was 2500 for 3 days work.. But you get what you pay for, and I've had installs in the past that you could just tell were off.

From what I understand, the issue happens if the amp kicks on with the same timing as the rest of the system, rather than on a delay. The car's not expecting that much of a draw right away and thinks something's wrong. I'm not sure if my dsp/amp is where it got handled or if he added additional components to handle the drop.

As for the noise difference, i am recording about 68/70 db on a smooth road now. Seems notable. Only deadened the doors.

As for where to go, I'd seek out someone with plenty of experience doing EVs.
As for my process in selecting Agoura Autosounds, this was my first time working with Jaime. He earned my trust because he had excellent reviews, and was happy to talk to me at length, a total window shopper, about what he was thinking based on my needs.

When I went by his shop, it was immaculate (often a good sign) and there were quite a few nice cars being worked on, from classics to modern. He seemed comfortable describing his experience with EV installs when I asked him about cars throwing errors, etc. He also had a schedule he was confident in hitting. I've had other installers tell me "sometime next week" and then take 2 weeks to even get started.

Finally, he let me listen to one of his personal car/projects, and i was blown away. He used similar components to what I was considering, and it was obvious that he understood how to make whole thing come together in a way that sounded amazing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stargazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Well.. I spent a good bit, labor alone was 2500 for 3 days work.. But you get what you pay for, and I've had installs in the past that you could just tell were off.

From what I understand, the issue happens if the amp kicks on with the same timing as the rest of the system, rather than on a delay. The car's not expecting that much of a draw right away and thinks something's wrong. I'm not sure if my dsp/amp is where it got handled or if he added additional components to handle the drop.

As for the noise difference, i am recording about 68/70 db on a smooth road now. Seems notable. Only deadened the doors.

As for where to go, I'd seek out someone with plenty of experience doing EVs.
As for my process in selecting Agoura Autosounds, this was my first time working with Jaime. He earned my trust because he had excellent reviews, and was happy to talk to me at length, a total window shopper, about what he was thinking based on my needs.

When I went by his shop, it was immaculate (often a good sign) and there were quite a few nice cars being worked on, from classics to modern. He seemed comfortable describing his experience with EV installs when I asked him about cars throwing errors, etc. He also had a schedule he was confident in hitting. I've had other installers tell me "sometime next week" and then take 2 weeks to even get started.

Finally, he let me listen to one of his personal car/projects, and i was blown away. He used similar components to what I was considering, and it was obvious that he understood how to make whole thing come together in a way that sounded amazing.

Stargazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Did you change out the center channel speaker or just keep the existing speaker as fill? If so what center channel speaker did you use?
Looks like the installer did an excellent job.
How is the overall sound?

OP
OP

supercollider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Dual
We did pop in different center (Audiotec Fischer Matchup X4), because the 12 channel gave us space. I was initially considering an 8ch, but the 12 channel allowed us to wire each speaker to a channel AND keep fader control. Otherwise I'd have bypassed the center ch, the imaging from a good speaker/DSP can more than make up for it.

Thanks for the words, can confirm that It sounds great. I'm typically a focal fan, and I think BLAM is a great alternative. Really like the highs compared to focal tweets.
I'm coming up on 30 h listening time, after which we'll go back and retune a bit now that the speakers are broken in and I have more experience listening to a variety of music. I'm thinking of trying to cut off some low end from the rear door speakers and let the sub do more work down low. The DSP has a LOT of optionality. I looked at the documentation and decided not to mess with it myself, which is... rare for me.
Sponsored