Sponsored

R1T Standard Pack - When will it come out?

fbkr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
All the R1Ts in the shop right now are large pack or max pack. Anyone know when we might start seeing some standard packs in there? It does make sense that Rivian wants to prioritize higher priced models first but this could help boost their unit growth when it comes out.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I believe they pushed it back to Summer 2024. All the current Standard Packs are going into EDVs.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I believe they pushed it back to Summer 2024. All the current Standard Packs are going into EDVs.
This^ . Could possibly see them sooner if Rivian has a demand problem but I doubt it. They need higher margins on the R1.

The war happening in the middle east has the potential to spike oil prices. I would expect if that happens Rivian will see even more increased demand. Further, on Jan 1st the tax credits are supposed to be transferrable to dealers which would make them point of sale. The R1 units available under the 80k limit may see an increase in demand around that time I would think. All pure speculation on my part.

hapegoof20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model Y
Clubs

RJ said early 2024 on the conference call last week. I think it’ll be earlier than people thought and allowances to configure might come in the next 1-2 months with delivery in January-April range. They already use the LFP batteries in their EDVs.

RivRyan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
Is it still possible to configure, confirm and get a letter of purchase in tax year 2023 for a truck that won't arrive till early or even mid-2024? Or was that only something for when the original tax bill lapsed? I expect I will no longer qualify on an income basis in 2024.
Sponsored