Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
so why go back to the r1? r1 doesnt have a rear locker either
Nope, but it has differentials front and rear (DM), and those make all the difference!

And because it has differentials, the lockers are coming...😎
Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Not getting rid of the r1t but I don't think I'll be driving it much anymore after driving the hummer around. I miss the storage space of the rivian however the ride and super cruise is better on the hummer.... plus it looks way better 🤣.

Main reason for switching over is to get more range when towing so we will see how that goes but so far I'm getting roughly 360 miles per charge at 1.75 miles per kw... just got new tires so hopefully I can get closer to 2 miles per kw. Going from mud terrain tires to highway should help a lot. Here are a couple pics

20231117_180156.jpg

20231120_183632.jpg

20231120_183659.jpg

20231108_081055.jpg

20231108_081045.jpg
So, when do you deploy?

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Its not about the money, its about the unnecessary size. The hummer is comically huge, it makes you wonder about lacking in other areas.
I'm a big guy. 6 ft. 6, and I've not missed a lot of meals in my lifetime. Physically, I fit better in the Hummer.

I still have a reservation for the SUV (2x with differentials), because the size is very in line with what I need, to include a nice big bed back there.

But really, must you always denigrate everybody with your posts? I opened another area for you to poke fun at, you know, my being big (fat)... Have at it here in the forum, because I sure know you wouldn't do it to my face.
😎

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Interior of the Rivian is definitely nicer (obviously this is somewhat subjective), but the Rivian's materials likely aren't going to stand up to as much abuse as the Hummer's will.
Pretty accurate assessment. On the subject of the interior, one of the things I absolutely hated were all the buttons and knobs. Extremely subjective, but I have become very comfortable with the Tesla/ Rivian tablet-controls-everything paradigm. Forever switching from tablet to physical buttons and then back again felt very archaic to me.

Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
i dont know about the different motors are most of them out there are 3 motor ones...i dont see how it would make much of a difference in daily driving though...they are a tad bit wider and taller but not as much as everyone thinks it is...lengthwise there is a difference of an inch.

just to let you know you can pick up the edition 1s 2023 models for msrp now if you look...but the 24s bring a little over msrp...i paid 10k over but wanted a 24 and a non white one
The 2x is not being built yet, that is what I'm waiting for.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I'm a big guy. 6 ft. 6, and I've not missed a lot of meals in my lifetime. Physically, I fit better in the Hummer.

I still have a reservation for the SUV (2x with differentials), because the size is very in line with what I need, to include a nice big bed back there.

But really, must you always denigrate everybody with your posts? I opened another area for you to poke fun at, you know, my being big (fat)... Have at it here in the forum, because I sure know you wouldn't do it to my face.
😎
Wow a genuine tough guy. You're not the first guy who thinks being big makes you tough, and it's always fun when you wind up finding out it doesn't. Save the chest puffing for someone it works on, im not impressed.

You know the funny thing about the internet, you don't know who is on the other end. If you don't like my comments you can either block me or stop talking out of your ass so much so I stop hammering you. Either way, the tough guy act isn't going to get you anywhere as I don't care how big you are and trust me when it comes to your size I'm going to take a page out of Shania Twain's book and say "that don't impress me much".

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Wow a genuine tough guy. You're not the first guy who thinks being big makes you tough, and it's always fun when you wind up finding out it doesn't. Save the chest puffing for someone it works on, im not impressed.

You know the funny thing about the internet, you don't know who is on the other end. If you don't like my comments you can either block me or stop talking out of your ass so much so I stop hammering you. Either way, the tough guy act isn't going to get you anywhere as I don't care how big you are and trust me when it comes to your size I'm going to take a page out of Shania Twain's book and say "that don't impress me much".
PM'd ya my personal addresses, or I can meet you at your choice of location. I'll buy you a beer and you can tell me all about it in person.
😎

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
@cleex024

How's the interior quality?

A lot of reviewers claim for the price (100k+) a 10 speaker stereo and sub par interior materials is their largest complaint... As for towing isn't the HEV only rated for 7,500lbs vs 11,000lbs? Seems like your towing demands could be met/bested with Max pack R1T?

I love my R1T, but have Dodge REV preorder and unless the Rally Spec R1T hits 350 miles when and if it comes out, I'll probably make the jump to the REV (got 2 car seats to fit).

All and all, cool truck and thanks for sharing.

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Not getting rid of the r1t but I don't think I'll be driving it much anymore after driving the hummer around. I miss the storage space of the rivian however the ride and super cruise is better on the hummer.... plus it looks way better 🤣.

Main reason for switching over is to get more range when towing so we will see how that goes but so far I'm getting roughly 360 miles per charge at 1.75 miles per kw... just got new tires so hopefully I can get closer to 2 miles per kw. Going from mud terrain tires to highway should help a lot. Here are a couple pics

20231117_180156.jpg

20231120_183632.jpg

20231120_183659.jpg

20231108_081055.jpg

20231108_081045.jpg
I would describe this vehicle as..... Terrifying.

And I mean that in a good way. An attractive fear.

Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
@cleex024

A lot of reviewers claim for the price (100k+) a 10 speaker stereo and sub par interior materials is their largest complaint... As for towing isn't the HEV only rated for 7,500lbs vs 11,000lbs? Seems like your towing demands could be met/bested with Max pack R1T?

I love my R1T, but have Dodge REV preorder and unless the Rally Spec R1T hits 350 miles when and if it comes out, I'll probably make the jump to the REV (got 2 car seats to fit).

The interior is certainly a lot different than the R1, but quality wise it felt roughly equivalent. It is much more utilitarian, and "tougher".

If you are considering the Dodge, be sure to sign up for the 4XE forums. The REV will be a descendant of that drivetrain, and you can get a good feel for the quality/execution from Stalantis by chatting with the folks that are driving those rigs.
😎

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
It's not extremely premium but doesn't feel worse than the rivian... however the thing I love about older car manufacturers over the new comers is the fact that they run the center console all the way to the dash... they just make it more functional instead of having all that empty air space... but I always have tools and crap everywhere so for those neat people out there it's probably better to have it open. But even tesla had changed that since my older model x
My own personal assessment based on vehicles I've owned and have been in (Hummer EV).

Range Rover (JLR) > Rivian > Cadillac > Lincoln > Hummer EV > Tesla > Alfa Romeo > Ford

I don't own a HEV, but have been insid one multipe times at the dealer and I'd put it below a Lincoln and just above my Model S. But again once you own one the ergonomics and functionality could very well make or break a car. The size of the Hummer is something I'd absolutely love for kid hauling and it's bed.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

PM'd ya my personal addresses, or I can meet you at your choice of location. I'll buy you a beer and you can tell me all about it in person.
😎
Shania Twain is Canadian and we all know from South Park that our Canadian friends would not condone violence in any way...

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
😎
I replied with my terms.

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
The 2x is not being built yet, that is what I'm waiting for.
They are all over the internet... cars autotrader etc

You are also acting like a low key tough guy lol... that's who come to mind who rivian and tesla buyers are... always thinking they are smarter and better than someone and tries to put in snarky remarks nonchalantly trying to be low key. Maybe I'm one of them 🤣 and maybe I'm lacking who knows lol

But if I'm any of those gotta be worse for you 🙃
@cleex024

To me the interior quality is better in the hummer but I don't only go by materials used... it's design and how well they are put together also... to me the tesla and rivian just don't put together the materials well enough and everything moves and squeaks... rivian is definitely a lot better than tesla

While I wouldn't say hummer is high end I would put it ahead of rivian... but I like some buttons and I love the center console going up to the dash giving me a lot more functionality. I love the feel of aniline leather and hummer at least put one piece of premium leather where you touch the most the steering wheel.

But everyone has different perception of premium and quality so it's really up to you... a lot of people I talked to who had the model 3 and y thought that was premium and such great quality which I think they are anything but.

Either way both hummer and rivian have rugged interiors and should last much longer than real leather which both were meant to do but for all those that are complaining about buttons and no rear diff...I wonder if you actually do anything that requires a rear diff and lockers as everyone I know who actually do use lockers would much rather have large buttons for certain things
Sponsored