Sponsored

R1t replaced by Hummer EV

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Not getting rid of the r1t but I don't think I'll be driving it much anymore after driving the hummer around. I miss the storage space of the rivian however the ride and super cruise is better on the hummer.... plus it looks way better 🤣.

Main reason for switching over is to get more range when towing so we will see how that goes but so far I'm getting roughly 360 miles per charge at 1.75 miles per kw... just got new tires so hopefully I can get closer to 2 miles per kw. Going from mud terrain tires to highway should help a lot. Here are a couple pics

Rivian R1T R1S R1t replaced by Hummer EV 20231117_180156

Rivian R1T R1S R1t replaced by Hummer EV 20231120_183632

Rivian R1T R1S R1t replaced by Hummer EV 20231120_183659

Rivian R1T R1S R1t replaced by Hummer EV 20231108_081055

Rivian R1T R1S R1t replaced by Hummer EV 20231108_081045
Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My trajectory was R1, Hummer, and then back to R1. There is a lot to like about the Hummer, but in the end the lack of differential in the rear soured me. At least Rivian didn't have the gall to call it an "E-locker."

But as a pavement pounder it was great! 🙂

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
To each their own. I hope you enjoy the Hummer!

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
My trajectory was R1, Hummer, and then back to R1. There is a lot to like about the Hummer, but in the end the lack of differential in the rear soured me. At least Rivian didn't have the gall to call it an "E-locker."

so why go back to the r1? r1 doesnt have a rear locker either

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

so why go back to the r1? r1 doesnt have a rear locker either
I think I recall they are working with an aftermarket company on developing a locking differential for the Rivian Enduro motor.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I'm still interested in the Hummer EV SUV. I originally put down a deposit but cancelled after all of the delays. I recently got a text from our local dealership saying they had one available for $30k over MSRP.

When they begin to sell at MSRP or below, I might consider one. I really like the idea of the removable roof.

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

To each thier own. To me the Hummer looks like the jeep gladiator as it can't decide if it is a SUV or a pickup. Growing up my mechanic father was a GMC person so hope Hummer succeds.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm still interested in the Hummer EV SUV. I originally put down a deposit but cancelled after all of the delays. I recently got a text from our local dealership saying they had one available for $30k over MSRP.

When they begin to sell at MSRP or below, I might consider one. I really like the idea of the removable roof.
Supposedly if you shop around, there are dealers selling at MSRP already.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Chacun à son goût!

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I am also getting a Hummer and will likely keep the Rivian. My order is confirmed but not accepted for production yet, likely due to the options I selected.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

The front diff is a real locker on the Hummer.

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
I am also getting a Hummer and will likely keep the Rivian. My order is confirmed but not accepted for production yet, likely due to the options I selected.
Well you'll love it... ride is so much another especially if you switch to highway tires which I just did and makes a huge difference... also not sure what these guys are saying... it looks awesome...I love the rivian too but it looks like a kids toy vs the hummer. Just gotta see one in person for most of these guys

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Well you'll love it... ride is so much another especially if you switch to highway tires which I just did and makes a huge difference... also not sure what these guys are saying... it looks awesome...I love the rivian too but it looks like a kids toy vs the hummer. Just gotta see one in person for most of these guys
I have seen many in person and rode in one at Barrett Jackson, including WTF. I will keep the off road tires on mine, it is going to be my off road truck. Going with Afterburner Tintcoat.
Rivian R1T R1S R1t replaced by Hummer EV HummerConfi

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
I have seen many in person and rode in one at Barrett Jackson, including WTF. I will keep the off road tires on mine, it is going to be my off road truck. Going with Afterburner Tintcoat.
HummerConfig.jpeg
Yup I almost bought that color but decided that the truck already had that look at me style but with that orange might be too much... but I love the color and something posted some pics of one on fb group and looks killer
Sponsored