Sponsored

R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Orders: Dec '22 - Jan '23 -- Status Room 90199344-4829-4E15-8F81-AAC949560E54

It’s home! 129xx vin, September build date, “working” powered tonneau that I let peek out a bit and it sounds thirsty. The cover has dried water spots on it and stuff. Ya I’m gonna keep that in its place for a bit. Everything looks good except the drivers side gear tunnel door is aligned too far inward and the drivers side rear door really requires some oomph to close. I didn’t initially choose the 21’s but it was out of aesthetic reasons but these look better in person and the twraps black covers arrived today. The sidewall isn’t as small as i expected on the tires as well. I’m happy with the black interior and I can’t really tell what the underbody shield does. Oh and phone as key proximity basically doesn’t work and of course neither does the charger lol. Overall I LOVE IT.
Sponsored

jbrumsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Miata RF, F-Pace S, Backdraft Cobra
Occupation
IT
Is your truck in transit to Richmond? They’re back to transporting by train and that takes a few weeks.
I was able to pick one out of the shop on the 21st and per my guide it should be arriving at the Richmond SC this coming Monday. I'm hoping the weather didn't impact the delivery schedule so that I can pick it up by the end of the year.

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Similar boat as folks here: got my 8 steps on 12/19, got an offer from Carmax waiting, and now just waiting for my Truck to make it to Richmond. I’m hearing with the storms they may be delayed past 1/1, which has me concerned for the Tax credit… so if i need to hop a train to Richmond, so be it. :)
Did exactly that yesterday! Took Amtrak down to Richmond from BWI Thursday night and picked our truck up yesterday morning. Appointment was for 11:30am but I showed up around 9:45am to see if they could get me out early. By 10:15am I was on the road! Got really lucky and made it home in light traffic by 1:30pm! Totally worth the wait! Great folks at that location!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hard to watch the Jan-Feb status holders take deliveries. My Dec-Jan window is basically half closed and I’m still (UN)patiently waiting hahah!

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
Hard to watch the Jan-Feb status holders take deliveries. My Dec-Jan window is basically half closed and I’m still (UN)patiently waiting hahah!
Same! As a 9/1/21 reservation holder it is now starting to annoy.

Sponsored

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
Yep know exactly how you feel!!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yep know exactly how you feel!!
I was so hoping for a Christmas/end of year delivery but now at least I’ll get a 2023 model?!

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
I was so hoping for a Christmas/end of year delivery but now at least I’ll get a 2023 model?!
and my thoughts also but with how many missing features then when originally ordered?????

primedir

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Nissan Leaf
Did exactly that yesterday! Took Amtrak down to Richmond from BWI Thursday night and picked our truck up yesterday morning. Appointment was for 11:30am but I showed up around 9:45am to see if they could get me out early. By 10:15am I was on the road! Got really lucky and made it home in light traffic by 1:30pm! Totally worth the wait! Great folks at that location!
We took the train to Richmond from Union Station DC and picked up our R1T yesterday. Good experience with the team at the Richmond SC and a very enjoyable drive back to Maryland - with I-95 traffic, Driver+ was great!

Those waiting years, please avert your eyes now… January 2022 preorder. El Cap, Black Mountain, 20 ATs, Adventure. Grabbed a truck matching our spec - and still with a spare tire - from the R1 Shop.

11/7/22 - ”Your configuration is ready to confirm” email, guide assigned
11/29/22 - “Access Granted: R1 Shop” email
12/19/22 - Picked truck matching our specs from R1 Shop, “It’s time to begin the purchase process” email, 8 steps opened
12/21/22 - Phone convo with Guide. She says truck is ”leaving Normal” for Richmond and estimates delivery in first part of January. Rivian EVSE shipped from California
12/26/22 - “Your Rivian is ready for delivery” email, reserved pickup time online
12/28/22 - R1T delivered at Richmond SC

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
and my thoughts also but with how many missing features then when originally ordered?????
I'm bummed about the powered tonneau but think the manual is the best solution and probably won't miss the 12v outlet in the frunk...but hopefully not too many more!

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
So for those patiently waiting, delivery folks at the factory told us location was the biggest factor for end of year push. Hopefully that means everyone who’s still waiting will get their vehicle in January. I also think this explains why you’re seeing some Jan-Feb window folks taking delivery.

Sattman69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
I'm bummed about the powered tonneau but think the manual is the best solution and probably won't miss the 12v outlet in the frunk...but hopefully not too many more!
I agree. But reading some about companies doing research and testing on PV tonneau covers grave me renewed hope for a more elegant and useful solution. Fingers crossed!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So for those patiently waiting, delivery folks at the factory told us location was the biggest factor for end of year push. Hopefully that means everyone who’s still waiting will get their vehicle in January. I also think this explains why you’re seeing some Jan-Feb window folks taking delivery.
I live in Denver, which seems to be a high delivery location, but you never know!

sillyME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aztek
How to see and to lock up a VIN in the R1 Shop? I was just granted the R1 Shop access yesterday and was able to see a few R1T with their perspective options, but none of the truck associated with a VIN? Do I need to click "Confirm new configuration" before one can be locking in?

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
I think....I didn't see my vin until I actually selected the R1 shop vehicle and confirmed it. I had two I was deciding on and kinda wanted to see which had the higher Vin, but I couldn't find it until locked in the new truck and "released" my build.
Sponsored