R1T off-road in CO

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Ran up Rollins pass from the east side and did the technical trail portion of Jenny Creek. The R1T handled it like a beast. The trail (although it doesn't appear so on video) had some pretty technical spots that required what I would consider mild to moderate actual rock crawling. Honestly, the one pedal driving and electric motors are like cheating. It's far less demanding than my old 6spd wrangler and the camera system is really handy. I aired down to 35 PSI, and the compressor took about 2 min per tire to get back up after the fact. There was one time I was climbing a rock and spun the tires for a short bit before it grabbed, but it was really smooth once traction was achieved and it didn't rocket me forward like I was afraid it might! There is a linked YouTube video which is just basic from an editing standpoint so don't judge. I could definitely feel the longer wheelbase on some tighter corners, but managed to get by with no dents or dings aside from some small scuffs on the rims. Good thing I did the PPF and avoided the Colorado pinstripes on the paint. Went from Denver up and back. Started at 85% and had 40% left upon arrival home.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T off-road in CO IMG_3302

Rivian R1T R1S R1T off-road in CO IMG_3311

Rivian R1T R1S R1T off-road in CO IMG_3308

Rivian R1T R1S R1T off-road in CO IMG_3314

Rivian R1T R1S R1T off-road in CO IMG_3373

Rivian R1T R1S R1T off-road in CO IMG_3301
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Jenny Creek isn’t that hard, but it’s a bit of a PITA. There are so many narrows that you risk having to back out relatively long distances from people going the other way. This is really a problem in June and July because the snow back at the end of the trail takes so long to melt. Folks get to the end and have to go back the way they came.

But that water crossing is damn fun.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Ran up Rollins pass from the east side and did the technical trail portion of Jenny Creek. The R1T handled it like a beast. The trail (although it doesn't appear so on video) had some pretty technical spots that required what I would consider mild to moderate actual rock crawling. Honestly, the one pedal driving and electric motors are like cheating. It's far less demanding than my old 6spd wrangler and the camera system is really handy. I aired down to 35 PSI, and the compressor took about 2 min per tire to get back up after the fact. There was one time I was climbing a rock and spun the tires for a short bit before it grabbed, but it was really smooth once traction was achieved and it didn't rocket me forward like I was afraid it might! There is a linked YouTube video which is just basic from an editing standpoint so don't judge. I could definitely feel the longer wheelbase on some tighter corners, but managed to get by with no dents or dings aside from some small scuffs on the rims. Good thing I did the PPF and avoided the Colorado pinstripes on the paint. Went from Denver up and back. Started at 85% and had 40% left upon arrival home.

IMG_3302.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3314.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3301.jpeg
Rivian at work!!!!
Sponsored