Sponsored

teartags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T A/T
Just another plug for the Tsuga Pisgah pad system.
I got tired of the tailgate pad on my GMC Canyon. It partially blocked the camera, put my bikes too close to the camera and wore a pretty good spot on mine and other's downtubes. It was also just wearing out and looked like crap. I knew I wanted a different system for whenever I get my R1T.
Tsuga was running a pretty good sale on the 2 pad system for July 4th, so I took a chance. It's pretty slick. Definitely takes a bit more time than just throwing them on the pad and strapping down, but it's getting faster the more I use them. You can also leave the pad partially in place when you unload at home, so getting it back on the next time is quicker. The included straps/ hook system keeps the bikes solidly in place. Again, a little clumsy at 1st but getting smoother.
I wanted a 3rd pad and reached out to them for a package deal. Customer service was fantastic and they hooked me up pretty well.

tylerdurden03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla Model 3
Clubs

I've had a 1upUSA rack for years and it feels all the more solid mounted on this truck. That said, it makes the sensors go nuts in reverse and definitely blocks the camera. (It would be nice if you could switch to the bed camera in reverse.) Also, I think maybe someone pointed this out before but the tailgate clearance is very low when the rack is lowered and would not work with bikes on...and maybe wouldn't even work with a fourth bike position on the rack. (This would be a good use case for a software lockout of the tailgate release button.)

1662376170559.png

1662376262911.png

1662376283678.png

I'm also experimenting with a tailgate pad though I want to put some PPF on the tailgate before using it much.
1662376456332.png

1662376711772.png

1662376520721.png
Are you using the 1up with no extender attachment at all? I just tried to mount mine and it seemed to close to use without an extender so now I am trying to decide if I want a Rakattach, extender or drop receiver.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
First true road trip with the Rockymounts rack and loved the swing away capability.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T and Mountain Biking Whoops.JPEG

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Are you using the 1up with no extender attachment at all? I just tried to mount mine and it seemed to close to use without an extender so now I am trying to decide if I want a Rakattach, extender or drop receiver.
Yes, I use it without an extender. It's pretty close but seems ok. I do have the hitch bar stop that helps me get the placement right. But opening the tailgate is way to close for comfort.

All that said I use my tailgate pad more often.
Sponsored