mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
This just happened to me on Wednesday. Spoke with Rivian service, they said they would get back to me by Friday. Nothing, so I called today and they said I probably need to go to SC because they don’t understand why it’s happening “we’ve never seen this before”. Earliest appt is July 18th! 6 weeks! Trying not to lose faith in them, but that’s just insane.
Show them this service detail.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S won't reset - no GPS, LTE or WiFi WorkOrder for Approval_Page1
Sponsored

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
I had the exact same issue / symptoms after a SC visit to swap tires and fix my fob (with plenty of software-related stuff involved). The "fix" was to have it sent back to another SC (in this case, towed to the Capital Heights SC) where they disconnected 12V to reset the system.

R1Sfan

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Same thing happened to me after failing to complete the latest OTA. The earliest SC appointment is almost 2 months out, so I think I will try the 12v reset myself. Looking at various posts, the key thing seems to be timing the reconnection so both batteries connect at once.
I wonder if disconnecting HV is a nessasary step though.

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
Same thing happened to me after failing to complete the latest OTA. The earliest SC appointment is almost 2 months out, so I think I will try the 12v reset myself. Looking at various posts, the key thing seems to be timing the reconnection so both batteries connect at once.
When the mobile tech came out to replace my 12v batteries he said they just replace one at a time and then do a hard reboot afterwards. Of course it didn’t fix the problem and ended up replacing the TCM.

mgraziano1975

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escalade, 530e, '66 442,' 48 MGTC
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

The key is to connect the grounds from one battery lead to the other battery lead via a jumper wire. Look around on the web, and you'll find exact instructions for tying in the batteries so the system comes up together. But basically, connect the grounds together, then disconnect the batteries. Connect the two hots first, then when you connect one ground, the other ground gets instant power via the jumper. Timing it is difficult at best, impossible at worst.

BTW, these exact symptoms happened to me. The 12V reset fixed the problem for now, but likely I'll need a new TCM some day. I had the service center perform the 12V reset, despite knowing how to do it b/c I had other issues that needed resolving.
Sponsored