RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Can I win the trophy for the worst case of window trim peeling up????

Don’t even get me started on the damage that resulted from the shitty glue the vendor used on this part. Driver door trim is scuffed bad In multiple places and rear driver door trim is scratched from being whacked by the moulding. Rivian is aware and will replace all the damaged parts.

right now I push down the trim with One hand when I have to open the door when I’m outside.I can’t do anything about it when I’m inside the cabin and need to open or close the door. I can hear it get pulled and snap back each time I open the door and then it scuffs it and scratches it. It’s lovely I tell ya.

As a customer I don’t care. As a shareholder,

I’m pissed at how much it’s gonna cost across all the vehicles because of shitty glue.

I hope the vendor who supplied this part eats all the cost associated with the repairs.

IMG_2754.jpeg
IMG_2755.jpeg
IMG_2756.jpeg
IMG_2758.jpeg
IMG_2757.jpeg
Damn, that hurts to look at. I very much hope they have this resolved in newer builds.
Sponsored

NMR

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Clubs

Identical issue on the passenger rear door of my R1S. It just popped up two days ago. Mobile service coming in two weeks, but as everyone said, not the kinda issue you’d hope they had to waste time on.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I had the same issue a few days after delivery. Mobile service was able to fix it pretty quickly for me at the time.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling IMG_4659

torgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Xterra Pro4X; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I had the same issue a few days after delivery. Mobile service was able to fix it pretty quickly for me at the time.

IMG_4659.jpeg
Glad they were able to get to it quick.

I can't be upset that I have to wait a few weeks for mobile service to come out here (almost 4 hours from nearest SC), but like others are saying, it just shouldn't have to be a thing they need to address at all. And it's just a bad look for a truck that retails for as much as it does!

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Now this really sucks. leading edge trim piece on the drivers door. This just started after 4k miles. Looks like a total adhesive failure, this thing just flaps in the wind. I first saw it and hoped that it would snap back in to place, but no, this looks to just be held on with adhesive.

I found this post and really hope that more of my trim pieces don't start doing the same thing.

Maybe Rivian service needs a good trim adhesive and they can start proactively checking all the trim pieces at each service, mobile and service center. I hope they don't have to replace full plastic pieces that are otherwise fine but just have adhesive failures...

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling IMG_5909

Sponsored

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Just noticed this on my R1T today (05/23 factory date, 2200 miles), rear passenger side window. Submitted a ticket and mobile service is supposed to look at it in a few weeks when they come to deliver my spare wheel

PXL_20230802_231529648.jpg
same on my R1T May 2022 delivery. Mobile service coming in early september.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

If anyone has any suggestions of a good adhesive product to keep in our trucks please advise. I keep 3M VHB tape on hand for lots of stuff, but that tape is too thick to hold failing trim pieces. Any ideas?

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

If anyone has any suggestions of a good adhesive product to keep in our trucks please advise. I keep 3M VHB tape on hand for lots of stuff, but that tape is too thick to hold failing trim pieces. Any ideas?
Looks like 3m 9088 tape is a good clear double sided option. I just ordered a roll from Amazon. The VHB tape i referenced earlier is 3M VHB 4910. 4910 is a nice slightly thick (like a stick of juicy fruit gum) somewhat foam-like tape. I use this for everything. Hopefully the 9088 tape will be just right for reattaching exterior trim pieces - I'll report back.

fr4c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y, Model 3
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Curious if a dab of Gorilla glue will also do the trick. Or black silicone caulk.
Sponsored