First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
My wife laughs at me every time I use the horn. I just stopped using it. It's very emasculating.
I added a second horn to give it a 'two tone', so now it sounds way better. Very easy to do. Took me 15 mins, and barely cost anything. Intstructions on this forum, along with the parts to buy - all off Amazon. Easy peasy, and now I'm no longer a eunuch... :CWL:
Sponsored

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1 2023
Occupation
Whatever
they are just loud vehicles. rivian won’t be able to fix these problems at service centers unfortunately. it was one of the reasons i sold my r1s. the loaner r1t i had while my r1s was in service was just as loud.
They are not loud - it was a lack of QC in the mfg process - they finally adjusted all 4 of my doors to close tighter and made a big improvement...... They kept telling me it was normal - I kept saying BS...

J-Flo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Service center fixed the worst wind noise on my R1S by adjusting the passenger side windowm replacing trim and adjusting the door (which they said was slightly bent!). The worst of it went away. This is the SF service center. They were great.

They could not fix the silly horn though!

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I noticed several posts about the wind noise. I just bought mine (R1S) on Feb 21rst - 2024. My family immediately recognized the cabin wind noise even at speed 60. Have a ticket opened. I am surprised despite so many wind noise complaints, the Rivian failed to test it before delivery. The noise is mostly felt around windshield and roof joint area...
With full glass on top, you have to get used to it. I actually unload all my gear along with the roof bar after every ski ….trips

Sponsored

MN Firefighter

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Firefighter
i just got my R1T back from the SC after being in for the 3rd time for wind noise. They finally traced it to the area over the top of the windshield. It’s a little elevated and there is a small gap where the air is coming in.

The fix: The entire roof panel above the windshield needs to be replaced. This is rather large job. They are ordering the piece from Rivian, then the part needs to go to the body shop to be painted. Then finally reinstalled. Kudos.To Rivian for making things right.

OP
OP

riviansheema

First Name
Mathi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2024
Service center fixed the worst wind noise on my R1S by adjusting the passenger side windowm replacing trim and adjusting the door (which they said was slightly bent!). The worst of it went away. This is the SF service center. They were great.

They could not fix the silly horn though!
I wish they fix mine too to escape from embarrassment from my family.. 😊

OP
OP

riviansheema

First Name
Mathi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2024
Folks - finally it happened. Rivian service (MD) fixed my cabin wind noise by replacing entire sun roof glass. It took them nearly a week due to pending jobs. They gave me a rental car for the week.
Will (the tech supervisor (?)) gave me a tip. If your dashboard acts little weird you press hold the profile icon to log diagnosis. U call them later and give timestamp (it is like dump stack trace 😜)

Last edited:
OP
OP

riviansheema

First Name
Mathi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2024
i just got my R1T back from the SC after being in for the 3rd time for wind noise. They finally traced it to the area over the top of the windshield. It’s a little elevated and there is a small gap where the air is coming in.

The fix: The entire roof panel above the windshield needs to be replaced. This is rather large job. They are ordering the piece from Rivian, then the part needs to go to the body shop to be painted. Then finally reinstalled. Kudos.To Rivian for making things right.
Looks like mine had same issue . My VIN ends in 360XX .. they said it may be same issue for this batch

veyron63

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Looks like mine had same issue . My VIN ends in 360XX .. they said it may be same issue for this batch
Mobile tech noticed the windshield is misaligned and recommended taking the vehicle to the Trenton SC.

Sponsored

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
So I feel like my R1S interior is loud regardless of speed. Even when i'm at a stop light, I can hear cars zipping by and people outside talking that is much louder than other cars i'm in (particularly at this price point). I have had SC make adjustments to the door and trim which they identified as not being done correctly but I still feel louder inside than it should be.

Have others noticed the same and taken to SC for fixes? I know most of the issues seems to be loud when driving at certain speeds but mine feels like it's a different issue.

AZTes2Riv

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T Dual Motor Performance
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Turn off air recirculation and see what happens. We have the same whistle but only when recirc is on. The service center couldn't fix it and actually made the general wind noise worse.
This can be fixed by sealing the door the opens and closes for fresh air. Search the forum for recirculation whistle and you’ll see it. I fixed myself.
Sponsored