R1S - WeatherTech Front Mats

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I recently visited the Chicago suburbs so I swung by the WeatherTech factory store. I wanted to pick up a set of front mats for the R1S. I walked into the store and up to a waiting customer service rep. This is where things went sideways. I made the mistake of telling them my R1S was a 2023. There is no 2023 Rivian R1S in their selector tool, only 2022. They refused to sell me the floor mats since they haven't verified they fit a 2023. They also wouldn't sell me rear mats for the R1T (not sure if they would've fit but I was going to try). I understand that it's policy but good lord. The armed guard at the door was enough to make me just walk out mildly irritated without muttering much resistance.

My next move was to order them for curbside since I was already there. I told the rep I would just order them online for which he replied they wouldn't warranty them. Whatever. Somehow my order got "hung up" in their system and automatically cancelled the next day. I found that suspicious. Not deterred, I ordered them for home delivery and they finally showed up. It was more of a mission to get the out of compliance mats just because at this point.

They fit well as expected. They didn't have any information on when the 2nd/3rd row mats would be available. I'll be sure to order online to avoid being denied again lol.

Moral of the story - If you go in person, lie about your model year (if it's not in the system).
Rivian R1T R1S R1S - WeatherTech Front Mats IMG_1431
Rivian R1T R1S R1S - WeatherTech Front Mats IMG_1433
Rivian R1T R1S R1S - WeatherTech Front Mats IMG_1435
Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
I recently visited the Chicago suburbs so I swung by the WeatherTech factory store. I wanted to pick up a set of front mats for the R1S.... They also wouldn't sell me rear mats for the R1T (not sure if they would've fit but I was going to try).
They did you a favor, second row mat for R1T is a different shape than second row mat for R1S

texasBuzzard

First Name
AKB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Physician
I recently visited the Chicago suburbs so I swung by the WeatherTech factory store. I wanted to pick up a set of front mats for the R1S. I walked into the store and up to a waiting customer service rep. This is where things went sideways. I made the mistake of telling them my R1S was a 2023. There is no 2023 Rivian R1S in their selector tool, only 2022. They refused to sell me the floor mats since they haven't verified they fit a 2023. They also wouldn't sell me rear mats for the R1T (not sure if they would've fit but I was going to try). I understand that it's policy but good lord. The armed guard at the door was enough to make me just walk out mildly irritated without muttering much resistance.

My next move was to order them for curbside since I was already there. I told the rep I would just order them online for which he replied they wouldn't warranty them. Whatever. Somehow my order got "hung up" in their system and automatically cancelled the next day. I found that suspicious. Not deterred, I ordered them for home delivery and they finally showed up. It was more of a mission to get the out of compliance mats just because at this point.

They fit well as expected. They didn't have any information on when the 2nd/3rd row mats would be available. I'll be sure to order online to avoid being denied again lol.

Moral of the story - If you go in person, lie about your model year (if it's not in the system).
IMG_1431.jpeg
IMG_1433.jpeg
IMG_1435.jpeg
Those look great. I ordered the rivian rubber floor mats when I configured the truck initially. It took a long time to come after I received the truck. They fit fine, but the material is sooooo slippery I put the original weirdo mats on top of them.....If the weatherTech are not slippery, I might eat the $$ and get them. I have Weathertech in all of my other vehicles.

Last edited:

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I ordered the R1S mats from WeatherTech too, and I did it all online. I noticed the only choice on their website was for a 2022 model.
I can confirm that they fit my recently received 2023 R1S very well. I only ordered front Driver and Passenger side.

OP
OP
Lil'Dave

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lil'Dave

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I ordered the R1S mats from WeatherTech too, and I did it all online. I noticed the only choice on their website was for a 2022 model.
I can confirm that they fit my recently received 2023 R1S very well. I only ordered front Driver and Passenger side.
If you ever need warranty be sure to tell them it's in a 2022!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

They refused to sell it to you because if they did and you had an accident because of a fitment issue they would be liable.

On the surface it seems crazy that they would do this but there have been many cases where mats caused people to wreck.

It's right there near the accelerator and brake pedals. Toyota had a huge recalla decade or so ago for stuck accelerator pedals.

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I had WT in my last tacoma. They dont stay down and didnt last that long before they started peeling. I dont like and will not buy them again

LazarusTaxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ60, XC90
I recently visited the Chicago suburbs so I swung by the WeatherTech factory store.

Do you (or anyone here) live near Bolingbrook IL? I was just emailing with their CS and they are looking for a 2023 R1S to measure to verify that their 2022 patterns will indeed fit.

If you (or anyone) are near there and willing to help, please reach out to them and they will put you in touch with their production team to make arrangements.

As you found out, they will not sell you 2022 mats for a 2023 vehicle until they confirm they fit.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
Do you (or anyone here) live near Bolingbrook IL? I was just emailing with their CS and they are looking for a 2023 R1S to measure to verify that their 2022 patterns will indeed fit.

If you (or anyone) are near there and willing to help, please reach out to them and they will put you in touch with their production team to make arrangements.

As you found out, they will not sell you 2022 mats for a 2023 vehicle until they confirm they fit.
I do. I can email them now
Sponsored