Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

I ordered mine from the shop Feb 19th and have scheduled deliver for March 21.

Forest Green R1S, QM, 22” Darks. Sooooo stoked!!!
Sponsored

JmWay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 gmc at4
Occupation
Director
Thank you everyone! I found a build and they will swap the wheels, so it's a PERFECT match! I just locked in the build/VIN and my deposit is now NON-Refundable. 2 weeks!

You originally submitted the deposit to build your own, correct? Then they reached out to you that they had a similar build ready?
How long did it take them to reach out after you submitted your deposit, or did you reach out to them after you submitted your deposit?

I am in the same boat, I found one they have built in their configurations but it doesn’t have the tires I want but everyone else is right, so I am wondering if should just submit for 1k on my own build but don’t know when they will reach out

OP
OP
jomak

jomak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Tesla MX LR 6 FSD & 24 Rivian R1S Quad Blue 22"
You originally submitted the deposit to build your own, correct? Then they reached out to you that they had a similar build ready?
How long did it take them to reach out after you submitted your deposit, or did you reach out to them after you submitted your deposit?

I am in the same boat, I found one they have built in their configurations but it doesn’t have the tires I want but everyone else is right, so I am wondering if should just submit for 1k on my own build but don’t know when they will reach out
I did submit a deposit for a new build and was disappointed with the 4-6 month wait. The users here told me to look at the existing inventory. I did find the exact match beside wheels, and called them up (booked an apt with an advisor online). She did a wheel swap for me, and swapped my deposit to the inventory. I got a few emails that I had to accept the order, and I did. I got a VIN and then I got a Rivian assigned advisor.

I had no idea you got an advisor assigned to you for your entire car ownership. I can call, text, or email him any questions. He's our personal concierge! This is fabulous and the lease terms are killer!

Find a build you want and they can swap wheels. Delivery is next week!

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
Unless you really need a R1S right now I'd wait until the refresh if I were buying it now vs. leasing. It's a shame they didn't let us lease them 6+ months ago because it would've been a nobrainer for me.

OP
OP
jomak

jomak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Tesla MX LR 6 FSD & 24 Rivian R1S Quad Blue 22"
Unless you really need a R1S right now I'd wait until the refresh if I were buying it now vs. leasing. It's a shame they didn't let us lease them 6+ months ago because it would've been a nobrainer for me.
I'm in the I need a car now and lease is a NO brainer at these prices. I hate buying and I prob will never do it again!
Sponsored