First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered R1S
Occupation
retired
First off Congratulations your R1S. Looks Great. I'm picking mine up in Bellevue on Saturday(12/24). We may hit the road straight from there to celebrate family Christmas in Idaho. Question....did it come full of electrons when you picked it up? Looking so see if I need to plan my first DC Charging session....or if its too much of a hassle we may just skip it.
Just got my RS1 delivered to my home last week. Charged to 85% at time of delivery ( recommended standard max unless you are planning a road trip, like you are.) . And it’s awesome. Very comfortable ride, looks great. Everything at your fingertips on the main panel. Most surprising, the Alexa feature works pretty well. Having a little trouble syncing Alexa volume to radio volume. Other than that, you’ll love it.
Sponsored

JeffADK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Convertible, Tractor, UTV
Occupation
All the time
Clubs

One weird thing just started happening. The front passenger map light comes on when driving. I'll shut it off, then it will come back on after anywhere from 15 seconds to 1 minute.

Also washed it myself today and noticed some glue residue on the black piano trim. It came off fine with a bit of work and a clay bar. They are definitely rushing PDI to get cars out this year. Also mine has the issue with the trim around the compressor valve not allowing the house to connect. So I guess they'll fix that in April...

Also removed the aero inserts and installed the caps I ordered months ago. What do you think?
20221218_135819.jpg
I think that you have a tight fit with that garage door! :p

Seriously, nice looking ride! El Cap Granite was my configuration color of choice about 4 times during my year-long wait for my R1T.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Congrats. !!! glad to see more R1S with 21" wheels.

OP
OP
theHoff

theHoff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 LE R1S
I think that you have a tight fit with that garage door! :p

Seriously, nice looking ride! El Cap Granite was my configuration color of choice about 4 times during my year-long wait for my R1T.
I park it that close on purpose. Leaves about 8 feet behind for walking through and other garage activities. I have it marked with a laser to minimize the distance to the garage door.

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S R1S w/ 21's Delivered! My $0.02 first impressions so far. 611d2d8dfe12a215bb31ed7afb7406d44ba8049a&rid=giphy

This is how I currently wave whenever I see a Rivian...does that count?

Sponsored

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Yaya another El Cap R1S in the pacific northwest! I was starting to feel a bit lonely. :) Hope to see you on the road bro and enjoy the ride!

Outdoorsman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram truck
I saw a R1S in el cap granite with what looked like 21s yesterday… Scottsdale… it’s great to see 😃

NotRegistered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
So interesting, we have a very similar timeline and I registered just to reply to this (with the handle I picked when submitting my R1S to the tracking sheet 😁):

Ordered May 2019, 8-Step Opened: 11/16/22, Delivery: 12/14/22, VIN 15xx and I have the plastic covers, not the wooden ones.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Of the folks who recently received an R1S, curious if you ordered a charge as well? And, if yes, did you receive it before the vehicle?

NotRegistered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
First off Congratulations your R1S. Looks Great. I'm picking mine up in Bellevue on Saturday(12/24). We may hit the road straight from there to celebrate family Christmas in Idaho. Question....did it come full of electrons when you picked it up? Looking so see if I need to plan my first DC Charging session....or if its too much of a hassle we may just skip it.
I picked mine up with 100% charge.

Sponsored

OP
OP
theHoff

theHoff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 LE R1S
Of the folks who recently received an R1S, curious if you ordered a charge as well? And, if yes, did you receive it before the vehicle?
I did order the charger and it arrived about 3 weeks before delivery of the R1S.

Techhawk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Sure, but you are talking about manufacturers with decades of existence vs a startup that is ramping service with deliveries. + in Bellevue try getting service on your BMW/AUDI/Range Rover at the moment... 2 -3 months is not unusual.
I see a lot of people on this forum not appreciating that they are buying into a new vehicle from a new vehicle manufacturer. There were always going to be compromises in doing that vs a vehicle from an established manufacturer.
When I bought my I-Pace the Jaguar dealer had ZERO mechanics who were trained in BEV... and that from an established dealer. It took them 18 months to get to the point of being competent with BEV. The BMW dealer is historically appalling - I'm interested to know if the iX customers can actually get any help when they have an issue....My guess is that the dealers will train up with volume. i.e. the first few have no one trained... It's crap, but it is the economics that the dealers need to have, unless they get paid by the manufacturer otherwise. I'm sure Rivian are trying to scale as fast as possible, but hiring anyone at the moment is hard and expensive.
I'm not making excuses for Rivian btw, just trying to be realistic. 'Service' from any dealer is a distant memory from 20 years ago to me. Today it's like flying - seems like it should be a good experience, but not what it used to be.
p.s. Yes I'm getting old :)
Just sold my I-Pace, which I loved. You are 100% correct! Just got my R1T. Eyes wide open, it will be bumpy at times, but exhilarating. I’m in!

Techhawk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Sorry to ask, what color is that
One weird thing just started happening. The front passenger map light comes on when driving. I'll shut it off, then it will come back on after anywhere from 15 seconds to 1 minute.

Also washed it myself today and noticed some glue residue on the black piano trim. It came off fine with a bit of work and a clay bar. They are definitely rushing PDI to get cars out this year. Also mine has the issue with the trim around the compressor valve not allowing the house to connect. So I guess they'll fix that in April...

Also removed the aero inserts and installed the caps I ordered months ago. What do you think?
20221218_135819.jpg
I did the same on my R1T.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S w/ 21's Delivered! My $0.02 first impressions so far. 764E044D-7F7E-478C-863F-974DF30FB8A7

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This is weird but on the R1S I actually prefer the look of the aero caps INSTALLED!
i think the 21's only look good, on either R1, with aero caps installed. i'm gonna get the twraps black vinyl tape to black out the wheel tho.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I did a slight mod to my 21" and I like them much better. I just air brushed the polished outer rim with the grey color and gloss.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S w/ 21's Delivered! My $0.02 first impressions so far. Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 1.01.00 PM
Rivian R1T R1S R1S w/ 21's Delivered! My $0.02 first impressions so far. Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 1.00.28 PM
Sponsored