Sponsored

kilik49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Kia EV6, Lincoln Navigator
My pre-order is July 2021, delivery estimate Aug-Sep 2023. I tried chat again yesterday and I called customer service today. Both times they told me the same story as before ("based solely on pre-order date and service center proximity") and that there's no way for them to put in a shop request otherwise
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

My pre-order is July 2021, delivery estimate Aug-Sep 2023. I tried chat again yesterday and I called customer service today. Both times they told me the same story as before ("based solely on pre-order date and service center proximity") and that there's no way for them to put in a shop request otherwise
Just the company line.

alterbridge86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Yukon, Lincoln Aviator GT
Clubs

Did you check with your guide?
I asked and got this response:

Your order is marked with the pre-price increase rule set so if the wheel is included the pricing should adjust when the vehicle is selected.

Stay adventurous,

Asked for clarification and got this:

I would take the website pricing as is and not expect any discount then.
I've not had to make any pricing adjustments for anyone that has selected a vehicle from the R1Shop so if you are logged in to your account you would be seeing the correct pricing for the vehicle.
Yeah the addition of the AT Upgrade on these vehicles definitely seems to be negating the free wheel promo of the LE's. Seems like LE vs Adventure wasn't taken into account when they started tagging these as "All-Terran Upgrade".

Even as a post-3/1 reservation, previously when I saw LE's in the shop, the 20" and 22" (non-darks) were included and as a result cheaper than identically configured Adventure trims in the shop.

Before anyone gets too upset about me having access to the shop with such a recent reservation though, feast your eyes on the pricing!:surprised::surprised:

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683919331298

And since I know people are going to ask how I have access to the shop...here's the quick rundown:

• Originally ordered in March 2022 for an R1T Quad Max Pack.
  • <Insert max pack drama (delays and changes like dual-motor only)>
  • Guide was assigned probably around end of Summer 2022, when they were trying to get people to switch to Large packs.
  • Shop access granted in November 2022 to further tempt me into a vehicle.
  • After updated range estimates for dual motor and dual+max were published, decided max pack value prop was greatly diminished. $10k for an extra 50mi of range wasn't worth it to me. Reconfigured to dual motor R1T with large pack.
  • Lack of powered tonneau replacement and manual tonneau being vaporware (until yesterday anyway) had me concerned about secure storage options. With a 20 month old and plans to have a second, began to think the R1S was a better choice for the family.
  • April 2023 - switched to Dual motor R1S with large pack and immediately lost shop access.
  • Messaged my guide who I still had assigned from R1T days about getting back into the R1S shop, she obliged.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yeah the addition of the AT Upgrade on these vehicles definitely seems to be negating the free wheel promo of the LE's. Seems like LE vs Adventure wasn't taken into account when they started tagging these as "All-Terran Upgrade".

Even as a post-3/1 reservation, previously when I saw LE's in the shop, the 20" and 22" (non-darks) were included and as a result cheaper than identically configured Adventure trims in the shop.

Before anyone gets too upset about me having access to the shop with such a recent reservation though, feast your eyes on the pricing!:surprised::surprised:

1683919331298.png

And since I know people are going to ask how I have access to the shop...here's the quick rundown:

• Originally ordered in March 2022 for an R1T Quad Max Pack.
  • <Insert max pack drama (delays and changes like dual-motor only)>
  • Guide was assigned probably around end of Summer 2022, when they were trying to get people to switch to Large packs.
  • Shop access granted in November 2022 to further tempt me into a vehicle.
  • After updated range estimates for dual motor and dual+max were published, decided max pack value prop was greatly diminished. $10k for an extra 50mi of range wasn't worth it to me. Reconfigured to dual motor R1T with large pack.
  • Lack of powered tonneau replacement and manual tonneau being vaporware (until yesterday anyway) had me concerned about secure storage options. With a 20 month old and plans to have a second, began to think the R1S was a better choice for the family.
  • April 2023 - switched to Dual motor R1S with large pack and immediately lost shop access.
  • Messaged my guide who I still had assigned from R1T days about getting back into the R1S shop, she obliged.
How the hell do you have access to the shop with such a recent order.....?!?!... 😉

coaster206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pathfinder
Occupation
Business
Did you check with your guide?
I asked and got this response:

Your order is marked with the pre-price increase rule set so if the wheel is included the pricing should adjust when the vehicle is selected.

Stay adventurous,

Asked for clarification and got this:

I would take the website pricing as is and not expect any discount then.
I've not had to make any pricing adjustments for anyone that has selected a vehicle from the R1Shop so if you are logged in to your account you would be seeing the correct pricing for the vehicle.
I asked my guide and she said you have to pay the $3,950 bundle pricing now if you want from the Shop

Sponsored

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
I asked my guide and she said you have to pay the $3,950 bundle pricing now if you want from the Shop
Did it seem like they were saying the only thing in the shop from now on will have the All Terrain bundle?

alterbridge86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Yukon, Lincoln Aviator GT
Clubs

Soooo let me get this straight. The All-Terrain Upgrade is evidently a $3,950 option for pre-price hike orders, despite not being a selectable option in the configurator. A $5,050 option for post-hike, pre-reservation orders, also not a selectable option in the configurator.

But at today's pricing (per the vehicle studio configurator) it's currently a $3,600 option for the R1S:

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683921197927

Yeah that tracks...lol :rolleyes:

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I got shop access yesterday.

I originally ordered an R1S back in Jan of 2021 and then canceled my order in April 2021 because I ended up buying a Range Rover. Decided to reorder Dec of 2021 and have been holding out since. My most recent delivery estimate showed April - July 2024. I was also fortunate to be able to do a demo drive in Jan of this year.

Anyways, I reached out to customer service via phone after reading about it on another forum. The rep said he would try to get me access. That was last week. My access to the shop opened up yesterday.

I ended up getting even better news this morning. I've now been assigned a guide and received an email that my current build is now confirmed as well. The email said that they were able to match my build to a vehicle currently in que. Guide didn't say where in production it was, but said if I happen to like what I see in the shop, I can swap for it.

I just wanted to share my experience, as I noticed many were wondering how some got access and others didn't. To be honest, I'm still confused but so excited that my R1S will show up almost 10 months ahead of the schedule.

Current R1S Order: Adventure Package GW/ BM/ 22" Sport Bright Wheels/ Factory PPF/ Reinforced Under Body Shield

Last edited:

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
New stock alert.

Two launch green with 22s just added to the shop.

Probably some other stuff too, but hard to notice new vehicles with 20s because there was already so many with 20s.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I hope you get good news soon! Try calling and ask to speak to Jessie. He was the rep I spoke to and was really helpful.

Sponsored

robertrivian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Porsche Cayenne GTS, 2023 R1T on order
Clubs

For the forum's benefit - I requested shop access a couple days ago (May '21 preorder with a delivery window of Aug-Sept), and my access was granted the next day (i.e., yesterday), and from the bunch of R1Ses that were released yesterday in the shop, I picked one!

Although I pre-ordered the 21" wheels, I wanted to get the 20" since the tire options were more (huge props to the forum on enlightening me on this). I was super skeptical about the All terrain upgrade since the range would take a hit with the RUS along with the tires as such. Pulled the trigger after some research yesterday!

We love the Glacier White with the 20" tires! What a solid combination!

Preorder: Adventure El Cap w/ 21" wheels
Purchased: Adventure Glacier White w/ All Terrain Package
Me too, got exactly the same configuration in the shop on May 11. Hope to have it in ATL within a few weeks. My original estimate was July-Dec 2024 with a pre March order.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Just secured a Launch Edition from the shop! Doesn't have the BM interior (only ordered because I didn't like the wood color on the older OC interior), under body shield, or factory PPF but I don't care. I just saved 5k off my current build. I guess someone else will end up getting my old configuration.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Order Confirmed.PNG

Last edited: