Sponsored

R1S Guide Contact about to happen! [Email received]

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Some tidbits after talking with my guide
1) 3 person tent not currently available, so removed it (good news they would honor current pricing when it becomes available to me)
2) insurance is via nationwide
3) financing is via chase
4) sounds like they will be ”refreshing” delivery windows - not clear if pull-in or push out, but with earnings in May, I hope it is more of a pull-in
5) my guide is awesome and able to get me signed up for a first mile mobile event!

ECR1S, Did they give you any indication of when they will "refresh" delivery windows?
Sponsored

cc4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2018 Challenger Hellcat
Considering many people's delivery windows are going to lapse in the next few weeks, I'm expecting a 3-6 month push out on some configurations.

ECR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, FJ
Occupation
Engineer
regarding #4, I viewed it as a neutral comment from the guide. Didn’t get any indication of timeframe for that refresh. I did get signed up for that first mile event. So encourage others when talking to your guides about it, nudge them :like:

dzmconstr

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S 75D
Just had first contact with Kristyn about our R1S order/delivery....sometime in Apr/May. Nothing new.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Some tidbits after talking with my guide
1) 3 person tent not currently available, so removed it (good news they would honor current pricing when it becomes available to me)
2) insurance is via nationwide
3) financing is via chase
4) sounds like they will be ”refreshing” delivery windows - not clear if pull-in or push out, but with earnings in May, I hope it is more of a pull-in
5) my guide is awesome and able to get me signed up for a first mile mobile event!

If you get your car, can I come drool from Afar?

Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I just had my guide call (also named Brent). Really nothing new, as I consider myself pretty well informed thanks to this forum. He seemed young and new, recited a lot of scripted responses we have all heard before. Doesn't know when Ocean Coast will be available and hasn't heard of a delay, so a very neutral, uninformative response.

Said my R1S has been selected for fulfillment (I suspect that's part of a script to inspire excitement, set a positive tone at the outset of the call), but no ETA. I know some members of this forum have been waiting >30 days since their first guide call for any other milestone in the process to occur.

As all of us on the forum know, once the guide has a VIN for me (that would be the next step after this call), that will launch the purchasing process . . . title / reg / insurance / financing / trade-in (8 steps), which I didn't have any questions about.

His responses to some questions I did pose:

Max pack for R1S? No insight, may not be possible.

Can he help me get the Mounts for the MaxTrax in the Gear Shop. No, keep monitoring it on my own.

Full size wheel and spare? Is on the road map to add to the Gear Shop, but no ETA.

Rear (2nd row) seats are heated on Adventure and Launch Edition; he doesn't think the 3rd row are heated.

Winter / cold weather equipment. He couldn't answer if any of these are in-place, but said would share that customers are interested in heated windshield wipers / washer nozzles / side mirrors / cameras, as issues have arisen for me with my current vehicles when driving through a winter storm and / or leaving the vehicle outside in the winter.

Garage door opener solutions? Didn't have any to offer. Home Link is in discussion. Doesn't know details of how would integrate, thinks could be a software solution OTA update at some point.

Winch? In discussion, on the roadmap, being tested, perhaps available in 2023, as an accessory.

Currently not possible to turn off the green charging indicator light (I expressed my safety / security concerns of drawing attention to my vehicle when charging overnight, in particular).

Once have a VIN, I may be able to choose to fly to the factory to take delivery rather than at my home or the nearest service center (Denver), TBD. Delivery location doesn't seem to matter with regard to sales tax or registration (I can choose where to do the latter, without implication).

My Rivian Account now shows that my configuration is locked, as I asked him to do.

Last edited:

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
I had my guide call today Re; my R1SLE nothing new to report at all. He hasn't heard of a delay or a delivery time update. He said they have yet to start production... I just asked him too update me on the ETA once its set.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I had my guide call today Re; my R1SLE nothing new to report at all. He hasn't heard of a delay or a delivery time update. He said they have yet to start production... I just asked him too update me on the ETA once its set.
"He said they have yet to start production"

Amazing how we all get different answers/takeaways after talking to our Guide's about R1S. CS and Guides have been saying they're coming off the line etc. for weeks... It would be truly helpful if someone would give us succinct communions about timing so that we can properly plan on our end.

Reactions: Rad

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software

Amazing how we all get different answers/takeaways after talking to our Guide's about R1S. CS and Guides have been saying they're coming off the line etc. for weeks... It would be truly helpful if someone would give us succinct communions about timing so that we can properly plan on our end.
Yep, my guide call today for my R1S said initial deliveries started last week, so who knows. Exact same thing happened during the early days of Tesla. No one communicates in these startups 😄

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I interpreted that as “they have not started production on your R1S” Rather than “they have not started production on any R1s’s.”

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I interpreted that as “they have not started production on your R1S” Rather than “they have not started production on any R1s’s.”
Makes sense!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

FWIW some customer service guides are in California while others are at the factory in normal. Assuming the Normal folks have more insight as they can look out the window.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
guide call….nothing new….scripted responses…all heard before…Doesn't know….very neutral…selected for fulfillment (but) no ETA.…waiting…no insight…may not be possible…No…on my own...no ETA….he doesn't think…couldn't answer….Doesn't know…at some point….perhaps available….Currently not possible…may be able….doesn't seem to matter
Completely ambiguous, Rivianese is.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Guide Contact about to happen! [Email received] FAF21B9C-9AAD-419D-B330-CB393E5FBEC6

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
He said "besides the two we have produced last year we have yet to start production" I read that to mean they have yet to start production of the R1S version. He said they are working to establish actual delivery estimates and will update order holders soon. I take everything with a pinch of salt been here before with ALL my other EV's communication is always slim pickings on a new car rollout...

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
He said "besides the two we have produced last year we have yet to start production" I read that to mean they have yet to start production of the R1S version. He said they are working to establish actual delivery estimates and will update order holders soon. I take everything with a pinch of salt been here before with ALL my other EV's communication is always slim pickings on a new car rollout...
And this is the stuff that drives me nuts about Rivian. I don’t know why they can’t just say they haven’t begun production yet, or they’re going delay a few weeks or months to tweak things. It would be no skin off my nose but telling me that I’m still in the March-April delivery window, and that the purchase process is very quick once a guide contacts me doesn’t assuage any of my concerns.

They really need to be more open and honest in their communication. I was hoping the weekly updates would be that, but we haven’t had one since two weeks ago.
Sponsored