Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Anyone else notice this with release 2023.22.00? What was red is now yellow. Maybe this is why my AC compressor is screaming at me now. Looks like I got a paint upgrade too. Limestone turned into silver.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Brake Lights Changed Color IMG_5877
Sponsored

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Can you take another with the daytime screen?

OP
OP
PappaBolt

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I don’t think this meets NTSB standards for rear lighting in red. FWIW service says everyone’s graphic was changed to this color now?

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Brake Lights Changed Color IMG_5878

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I don’t think this meets NTSB standards for rear lighting in red. FWIW service says everyone’s graphic was changed to this color now?
It's just a rendering in the instrument panel... It isn't the actual brake lights. I doubt NTSB applies as this isn't a mandated display feature.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

IMG_5878.jpeg
Mine doesn't look quite that yellow, but there are MANY variations that can change the perceived color. FWIW, the display has no bearing on the actual color of the brake light...

Sponsored

OP
OP
PappaBolt

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

It's just a rendering in the instrument panel... It isn't the actual brake lights. I doubt NTSB applies as this isn't a mandated display feature.
<sarcasm> I know the actual light are still red. I’m just curious why they chose to change the graphic to a different color. It wasn’t a problem in need of a fix.

capitolm94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
They also changed the efficiency graph so the <2 sections are black and the >2 are green, instead of all green. Maybe I like low efficiency!

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
<sarcasm> I know the actual light are still red. I’m just curious why they chose to change the graphic to a different color. It wasn’t a problem in need of a fix.
I haven’t checked to see if mine changed, but I am colorblind and had a really difficult time telling when the brake lights were showing on the display previously. Maybe they did it to help people like me.
Sponsored