Sponsored

R1S and R1T increases in width?

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Rivian website now reports the R1S and R1T specs for "Width (side mirrors folded)" as 82 in. Was 79 in.

I doubt the body width increased by 3 inches. I suspect either the mirrors don't retract as much, or the mirrors got bigger (different style or type?) or Rivian just simply fixed a typo. (?)

Regardless of the reason, FYI to those that may have a tight (garage) parking scenario and had based any past measurements using the old 79 inch width.

UPDATE: Apparently I didn't catch up enough on the latest forum updates. @sevengroove reported this to Rivian and this forum in a different thread, which triggered a discussion on the matter, and apparently Rivian updated the website with the correct spec triggering my web-page change alert to notify me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
May have to build a carport cover

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
I also noticed that they have upped the storage for the R1 from 101 on my LE configuration to 108 on the website. I think others have noted that the length of the R1 has increased and this may be the end result

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
According to a user on the Photos thread, he said CS emailed him saying the width was always 82 and the site was wrong. Speculation is that 79 is the width WITHOUT mirrors and with folded in mirrors its actually 82. Now its pretty much matched in specs to the Escalade.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
According to a user on the Photos thread, he said CS emailed him saying the width was always 82 and the site was wrong. Speculation is that 79 is the width WITHOUT mirrors and with folded in mirrors its actually 82. Now its pretty much matched in specs to the Escalade.
This makes the most sense, 79“ is the realistic limit on width without clearance lights. Full-size pickup segment has bumped right up against this limit for years now.

Sponsored

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
This makes the most sense, 79“ is the realistic limit on width without clearance lights. Full-size pickup segment has bumped right up against this limit for years now.
yeah our 21 F150 is like 83” with folded mirrors. Glad we have some width in the R1!
Sponsored