Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hello my dudes!

I've received a bunch of feedback since I posted about Ultimate Charging Pad, I've received a bunch of folks reaching out. (and ordering) Thank you all for that. I found one email particularly intriguing:
"Hey Rob, I don't give a damn about the wireless charging thing but I would be interested if you made something so I can remove the charger and have have more storage. Any plans for that?"
I didn't at the time, but I thought about it more and decided to make something:

Rivian R1T R1S POC - RIVIPARTS Storage Replacement for Wireless Charger IMG_1327.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S POC - RIVIPARTS Storage Replacement for Wireless Charger 20230221_113145

Rivian R1T R1S POC - RIVIPARTS Storage Replacement for Wireless Charger 20230221_113219

Thinking about this, I could see optional items clipping into or magnetically attaching to the base, under the rubber mat. Something like a lid to make an enclosure or a more cup holders or maybe an inclined qi charger that would have the phone sideways (left to right) instead of front to back with no need for MagSafe.

I think where this stands is that it's a proof-of-concept, and I have questions if I move forward on it.
  • Is anyone actually interested in it beyond Greg?
  • What types of things could clip in / magnetically attach?
Any feedback would be super appreciated.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I think itā€™s a great idea. It would be more complicated but a modular setup where you could use half as a charger and the other half as storage or a cup holder, then swap it for something else another day. If that is too hard I know I would prefer storage/ cup holder to the wireless charger. I wonā€™t likely use it much.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
I'm semi-resigned to the need to slap my phone to the dash given no CarPlay and no to slow wireless charging. Given those realities, tend to agree that this space may be best suited to storage for plugged in phone, sunglasses, daily use items. Non sliding rubber/silicone surfaces may be best.

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
I get mad when my wife leaves a single pen in the little cutout. The last thing Iā€™d want to see is a bunch of garbage sliding around in that tray when Iā€™m doing 0-60 sprints. But hey, thatā€™s just me. You do you.
Sponsored