First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
So...three (3) 120v supposedly 15A, hopefully sourced from a xxxx Watt inverter... what are you gonna try to run?

With hopes of our R1T playing a big role in the Fall '22 College Football season and that Tailgating is a thing again...

Gotta try the following two most life changing tools until we take delivery of the R1T next Spring-ish...

'Smokey McSluggish' aka the Traeger...and 'WhoTeeDee' aka the Jura A1 coffee maker.

?

Rivian R1T R1S Plug. In. PXL_20210501_220942569

Rivian R1T R1S Plug. In. PXL_20201106_232611599.PORTRAIT-01.COVER
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
So...three (3) 120v supposedly 15A, hopefully sourced from a xxxx Watt inverter... what are you gonna try to run?

With hopes of our R1T playing a big role in the Fall '22 College Football season and that Tailgating is a thing again...
Me & a couple other Rivian guys were talking about college football tailgating too!

Pellet grill/smoker, blender, fridge, & TV would all be clutch!

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
What happens if you plug in the travel charger provided by Rivian... Into the Rivian?!
?
Free power! I do this at work by plugging a UPS into itself and then run other equipment of the UPS. Saves us a TON on energy costs!!!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Free power! I do this at work by plugging a UPS into itself and then run other equipment of the UPS. Saves us a TON on energy costs!!!
This might be the first thing I do with my Rivian. Maybe it's an Easter egg and starts a gif on the screen like...
Rivian R1T R1S Plug. In. IMG_20210508_082627

Otherwise I'll try my electric bike charger, inflatable mattress pump, and of course a string of lights while camping.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Just got home from a neighborhood garage sale. Found a used microwave, blender, coffee maker, cooler, and a matching set of plates, bowls and cups, all for $50! Went right into the Configurator and cancelled my Camp Kitchen.

I’m already up $4,950, and the weekend’s just getting started! That’ll more than pay for that new E-Bike at REI. ?

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Me & a couple other Rivian guys were talking about college football tailgating too!

Totally! Two full sized coolers in the Front Trunk unload the spare and fill with ice and beverages of choice...drain and replenish with Front Trunk cooler contents. Party. On.

Also, run the TV, Air Fryer, Microwave, electric skillet, etc, and leave the Honda-equivalent-for-less Ryobi generator at home. Depending on how the Bluetooth speaker sounds maybe leave the Bluetooth DJ sized speaker/battery pack at home too. ??

About ten years ago my buddy took the mantle of Host role for his Family's spot that has spanned a few generations of Fall Debauchery. It usually requires two Dodge Ram 1500's with BakFlipG2 covers to haul in all the gear for the all-day-Saturday affair regardless of who has tickets.

Hoping we'll be able to help out with some of that. ✌❤???

Rivian R1T R1S Plug. In. IMG_20191019_092900

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hell, with a big screen TV and a satellite dish, why even leave the parking lot? With lawn chairs, a cooler full of beer, and a grill full of ribs and wings, I may want to watch the game from the lot.

Seriously, these Rivians will be the perfect tailgate vehicles for Saturdays in the Fall and will help to spread the word, just by being seen at games. The Camp Kitchen will draw a crowd all by themselves. Rivian needs to stock their merchandise shop with coasters and paper plates that resemble the wheel options. Maybe frisbees that match our wheel selections could be available. The coasters would be great advertising pieces.

Better yet, if they could send several cases of beer to us every week, in cans that resemble their battery packs, I’d be happy to hand out a few to gawkers. Well, at least the ones in home colors?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Totally! Two full sized coolers in the Front Trunk unload the spare and fill with ice and beverages of choice...drain and replenish with Front Trunk cooler contents. Party. On.

Also, run the TV, Air Fryer, Microwave, electric skillet, etc, and leave the Honda-equivalent-for-less Ryobi generator at home. Depending on how the Bluetooth speaker sounds maybe leave the Bluetooth DJ sized speaker/battery pack at home too. ??

About ten years ago my buddy took the mantle of Host role for his Family's spot that has spanned a few generations of Fall Debauchery. It usually requires two Dodge Ram 1500's with BakFlipG2 covers to haul in all the gear for the all-day-Saturday affair regardless of who has tickets.

Hoping we'll be able to help out with some of that. ✌❤???
Ryan,

We might be able to tailgate together. Ducks and Dawgs living together in total harmony. It could happen! That would be fun to try. Stranger things have happened, although I can’t think of any at the moment...?

Give it some thought.

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Ryan,

We might be able to tailgate together. Ducks and Dawgs living together in total harmony. It could happen! That would be fun to try. Stranger things have happened, although I can’t think of any at the moment...?

Give it some thought.
I mean you're not wrong. We do always root for the Ducks when they play the Cougs so... yeah could be possible. ???

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I mean you're not wrong. We do always root for the Ducks when they play the Cougs so... yeah could be possible. ???
Damn! That’s funny you mention that. I was just getting a cup of coffee and thought I need to mention to you, as an example of strange things, that one of my best friends is a Coug. Then I saw your comment. I actually laughed out loud. We’ve hit both Autzen and Martin stadiums together for our rivalry games over the decades, sometimes traveling from Idaho or California as we’ve chased careers around the West.

In Oregon, we think that our in-state rivalry, “the game previously known as the Civil War”, is intense, but the Apple Cup is hatred personified. Man! When you put angry dogs and cats in the same room together, someone’s coming out looking pretty beat up. When you put ducks and beavers together, you just end up with a platypus.?

By the way, in my prior comment, when I ended with “give it some thought”, I was thinking about the possibility of tailgating at a game together, and not trying to get come up with something stranger than Ducks and Dawgs living in harmony?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Damn! That’s funny you mention that. I was just getting a cup of coffee and thought I need to mention to you, as an example of strange things, that one of my best friends is a Coug. Then I saw your comment. I actually laughed out loud. We’ve hit both Autzen and Martin stadiums together for our rivalry games over the decades, sometimes traveling from Idaho or California as we’ve chased careers around the West.

In Oregon, we think that our in-state rivalry, “the game previously known as the Civil War”, is intense, but the Apple Cup is hatred personified. Man! When you put angry dogs and cats in the same room together, someone’s coming out looking pretty beat up. When you put ducks and beavers together, you just end up with a platypus.?

By the way, in my prior comment, when I ended with “give it some thought”, I was thinking about the possibility of tailgating at a game together, and not trying to get come up with something stranger than Ducks and Dawgs living in harmony?
Hah, that's awesome! ? I'm down! A Rival RivianGate would be legit! Not getting my hopes up in general for this fall. Besides I'm not taking delivery until Spring '22 anyway...so yeah. Go DAWGS! ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hah, that's awesome! ? I'm down! A Rival RivianGate would be legit! Not getting my hopes up in general for this fall. Besides I'm not taking delivery until Spring '22 anyway...so yeah. Go DAWGS! ?
I sure would love to have the R1T in time for a few games this Fall in Eugene, but time will tell. In the meantime, GO DUCKS! ????

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Just got home from a neighborhood garage sale. Found a used microwave, blender, coffee maker, cooler, and a matching set of plates, bowls and cups, all for $50! Went right into the Configurator and cancelled my Camp Kitchen.

I’m already up $4,950, and the weekend’s just getting started! That’ll more than pay for that new E-Bike at REI. ?
I’ll sell you a sink for $4,000 and you’re still up.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I dont think Id bring my Gaggia Classic with my Brevile Grinder with me before I bring my nespresso but would be nice to know I can! LOL. Nice Jura @Bumble1978 !
Sponsored