Sponsored

Planning First Trip - Everything Depends on ONE Charger

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Can you plug into a 110v plug while you’re at your destination? That is usually good for about 50 miles a day.
Sorry, but my B.S. meter is going crazy right now. I don't think you can get even close to "50 miles a day" on a 110V outlet with an R1T/S. Even if you meant a full 24-hours when you said "day" -- and not the ~12 hours "overnight" that most people mean -- you still wouldn't get half way to 50 miles, I think.
Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Sorry, but my B.S. meter is going crazy right now. I don't think you can get even close to "50 miles a day" on a 110V outlet with an R1T/S. Even if you meant a full 24-hours when you said "day" -- and not the ~12 hours "overnight" that most people mean -- you still wouldn't get half way to 50 miles, I think.
In Kyles first drive video he chuckled at how few miles were added overnight at a motel. That was at least 1000 watts.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Choose to believe what you will, but from actual experience traveling and hooking up at a vacation home, I was able to add about 50 miles per 24 hours hooked up to a 110v. I’m sure an electrical engineer can calculate a better rate knowing that it is a 110v circuit likely on a 15 amp breaker (probably derated by charger to 12 amp).

Not saying this is reasonable in all cases, but it might be just enough extra mileage to make some trips work.
Sponsored