Sponsored

Ordering and Warranty?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I can see this thread is a little old, but did there come any new info about warranty? Could be nice with some info about this after they have started taking pre-orders. Yes, you can tell that I can cancel my pre-order later.. But come on. Clear and open information about their warranty program would be nice and in place at this point.
If you've been following the forums for a while, you'll have noticed that any time the tiniest bit of information changes, there's a full-scale freakout. They're going to be silent on anything that isn't completely fleshed out. You were clearly willing to pre-order without that info -- and there's no additional commitment from you until it's time to place your order. While it would be nice to have all our questions answered, I don't think it has anything to do with openness or transparency. It's just not ready to be shared yet.

I'd peg the odds that they come out with a warranty program that more than a couple people who were just looking for an excuse anyways cancel their orders is nearly 0. While some warranties are certainly better than others, I don't think it's ever been a deciding factor in a vehicle purchase for us.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
While some warranties are certainly better than others, I don't think it's ever been a deciding factor in a vehicle purchase for us
If they exclude battery degradation from the warranty, I'm out (Tesla used to have this provision).
If they only warranty 50% capacity in 5 years, I'm still out.

The industry norm seems to be 70% in 8 years or 100K miles. Hoping for better.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Hi

I can see this thread is a little old, but did there come any new info about warranty? Could be nice with some info about this after they have started taking pre-orders. Yes, you can tell that I can cancel my pre-order later.. But come on. Clear and open information about their warranty program would be nice and in place at this point.
No news.
Sponsored