First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
i do have pre price hike but that only matters if Rivian has a plan to actually deliver me a vehicle. I am holding the reservation to keep options open. I do not think they will delivery in my area for years based on service center plans.
Personally I would keep the reservation unless I was hard up to get the $1000 bucks back.
I'm not a lawyer but Rivian seems to have committed to selling you a helluva truck at a sweet price.
I get that I'm random internet guy, with that being said I hate to see people make emotional decisions based on forums where negativity carries higher weight than positive outcomes. Not implying this is your case, just throwing it out as something to consider. I've had my doubts if Rivian could/ would ever deliver for me but after they did it's remarkable how quickly the doubt was replaced with perma-grin.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Good luck with your Lightning. For me personally it's a non starter the way Ford and their dealers handled the ADM fiasco. They let their dealers openly rape the end user and then their solution was to just raise the price to rape level themselves to stop their dealers from doing it instead of handling it like a company with integrity.

I've seen the truck, and it looks nice, but I simply cannot buy a Ford product after the way that was handled. I am very opposed to ADMs by principle and like the direct sales model far more.

OP
OP

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Good luck with your Lightning. For me personally it's a non starter the way Ford and their dealers handled the ADM fiasco. They let their dealers openly rape the end user and then their solution was to just raise the price to rape level themselves to stop their dealers from doing it instead of handling it like a company with integrity.

I've seen the truck, and it looks nice, but I simply cannot buy a Ford product after the way that was handled. I am very opposed to ADMs by principle and like the direct sales model far more.
I chose my dealer to avoid that fiasco... I did have a local dealer want to mark it up but I found a dealer about an hour away that does not....

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I chose my dealer to avoid that fiasco... I did have a local dealer want to mark it up but I found a dealer about an hour away that does not....
That certainly makes it better. However I am still upset over Ford proper not reeling in their dealers and instead deciding that gouging consumers themselves was the way to get it done. That's what their price increases were really about, it was raising the price of the truck up to the level of the typical dealer ADM which was an attempt to stop or slow down dealers from doing it.

Ford could have fixed it easily by saying no more ADMs on our products, our price is our price and if you want to carry our product that's what you'll get but they didn't. If a business shows no customer loyalty then I tend to feel the same way about them and their products.

Sponsored

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C8, GX
Occupation
IT
More expensive than the Rivian, but at this point, I have more faith in Ford as a company....... Ordered today expected delivery in Spring 23.... Realistically probably summer of 23.... I originally like the Ford better anyway and talked myself into the Rivian..... I have now come full circle.....
If you don't want to wait, I decided to keep my R1T and sell my Lightning (under 2022 MSRP) - under 2k miles, Lariat ER in NJ :)

OP
OP

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
If you don't want to wait, I decided to keep my R1T and sell my Lightning (under 2022 MSRP) - under 2k miles, Lariat ER in NJ :)
That is a long way away. I would be interested in details

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I can relate to the OP's concerns.

Once Ford stops the chip deletes I will complete my order for the Lightning. It is simply a better vehicle for my truck needs than the R1T. I look at the scratches, dings, and filth on my 18 month old F-150h and I don't think I would try to subject the R1T to this type of use/abuse. I'm afraid if I do complete my R1T order it will be used a little as my classic trailer queens/weekenders and not a work truck.

I'm keeping my R1S but the Lightning -- or even keeping my hybrid f-150 -- is just a better option for me than the R1T. I also worry about Rivian service and the lack of SCs near my properties. While Ford dealers are hit or miss on how they treat people at POS and for service, there are several within an hour versus >3 hours for a Rivian SC.

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My Lightning was delivered two months after my Rivian. I like the uniqueness and size of the Rivian better. Sold the Ford on an auction site just before prices tanked.

My buddy is still waiting for his max range RIVIAN and took delivery of a lightning. It’s been in the shop for over two weeks waiting for the wipers to be repaired. 🤷‍♂️

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
When they do enter production they will catch up and they will not restrict delivery based on location.
Just wait a little while longer and buy on the 2nd hand market?

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
that does not... today. The problem is they can change that view at any time. However, with the way auto sales are going right now due to interest rates I bet you're safe in 2023.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I do like the full size trucks, I actually have a reservation for the Silverado, and cybertruck however my wife insisted that if it doesn’t fit in the garage. She doesn’t want to see it.

For me, I wanted something that didn’t get the paint beat up. So that meant either the cyber truck or the Rivian. Guess what the common denominator was😁

For sure we wanted to get rid of our never breaking down 1997 Ford F250. Very little problems with it but it sat outside and looked terrible.

I guess the point is, you have to prioritize your priorities. Get what fits the best.
Sponsored