Sponsored

Order cancelled 13 days out

Enjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i
Clubs

My case has been a little bit different. My guide usually replies to me in terms of hours or a maximum of a day (SMS, email and call!!) I changed my order when RIVIAN announced the new battery pack and they assigned the new VIN in a matter of hours. The R1T is expected to reach my service center by the end of the month. The guide has been really helpful in answering all my questions.
Thanks for sharing. Seems like customer service level is all over the map. Not all that surprising and likely very dependent on the specific guide. My case may also be in part related to being in Canada, as I'm sure it's probably a far smaller team supporting Canadian sales.

Sure wish my experience was like yours. Not that I'm terribly upset.... Just find the "guide" experience lacking right now. Especially since Customer Service told me some of my questions would be better answered by a guide, and to get a guide I'd need to confirm my order. Now that I've confirmed by order and got a guide, they're nowhere to be found....
Sponsored

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
Did Rivian remove the option to “schedule a call with you Guide”?
I was curious about the same thing. I picked my R1S up at the same Denver service center in December. When I'd had questions ahead of that, I set up calls with my guide. I had 2 or 3 in the weeks ahead of delivery. OP - can you not do this ? The other option is the chat on the Rivian site. I used that a couple of times too (the first time to get my guide's contact, as I'd missed it in the bottom of the e-mails). My Denver experience has been good so far, so hopefully they figure this out, get you the vehicle you want, and things can move forwards quickly 🤞

mtberman

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T DM large,2019 Chev Bolt, 2021 Audi e-tron
I got shop access while waiting for the dual motor last fall and bought from the shop when DMs started appearing for Q3 delivery. They assigned a guide but I never heard from them or spoke to them. I had not heard a lot of great things from buyers who had lots of questions.

This was more my doing than Rivian’s, as I’ve owned a lot of cars and other EVs and I know a lot about them. Too much maybe. Because I am also too easily annoyed by all the BS the employees at car places say, I figured it was best to use their self service options. Don’t get me started on my Denver test drive conducted by a 26 yo former Tesla staffer. The bull stuff he said almost convinced me to NOT buy a Rivian.

I messed up a step and submitted a request to reset the steps, which I think was routed to the guide and handled. Other than that, crickets.

Last edited:
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX, M3, 4Runner, FJ60, GTO
Occupation
Retired AS Engineer
I don't even know where to start. I was getting ready to finalize my loan and out of nowhere got an email with this. Nothing from an actual person, just this generic email.

1000007266.jpg

I'm feeling so defeated and though it says the VIN has changed it doesn't appear I have a VIN right now. It would have been a little better to hear this from a person but most of the time they take days to over a week to respond. I supposedly have a guide but I haven't heard one thing from her since they assigned her to me.

At this point I don't even know if I'll be able to get the interior I want since they're supposed to stop making the black mountain with no wood, according to an email last fall.

Maybe those who have experienced a similar situation can give me some hope? If your order got cancelled and you got a new VIN, how long did it take to receive your Rivian? And how was the communication from Rivian?
Suggest your original ViN did not pass inspection or was damaged in transit. Let me tell you my experience with a Tesla M3 delivery back in 20218. My wife and I were in the car driving 300 mi to denver the day before delivery in Littleton and we got a call from the SC saying the VIN was canceled. No explanation. Direct to consumer model has it;s issues with most newer manufacturers. With old school dealer inventory model the consumer does not see most issues post factory QC inspection and transit because the dealer catches most remaining issues before customers kick it's tires. Hang in there.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

I have varying responses times from the guides from immediate to many days.

try calling the general Rivian number.

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Feel bad for your experience. I get just as excited about a new car as most on here. However, I try to put things into perspective whenever I have an issue. Yes, it's bad but in the grand scheme of "Putin putting a nuke in space" it's minor. Hang in there.

Peterm

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Self employed
I don't even know where to start. I was getting ready to finalize my loan and out of nowhere got an email with this. Nothing from an actual person, just this generic email.

1000007266.jpg

I'm feeling so defeated and though it says the VIN has changed it doesn't appear I have a VIN right now. It would have been a little better to hear this from a person but most of the time they take days to over a week to respond. I supposedly have a guide but I haven't heard one thing from her since they assigned her to me.

At this point I don't even know if I'll be able to get the interior I want since they're supposed to stop making the black mountain with no wood, according to an email last fall.

Maybe those who have experienced a similar situation can give me some hope? If your order got cancelled and you got a new VIN, how long did it take to receive your Rivian? And how was the communication from Rivian?
All I can do is be sorry, and buy a F150 Lighting !
This happened to me twice, and 3rd vin I got. In the meantime (3months of same BS). Financing in order and waiting. First vin claim to have bee damaged beyond repair and unsellable during train ride. 2nd vin assigned after my Financing 30 day close passed on the first one, had to then refinance at a higher rate adding thousands to my contract. The 2nd vin didn't lock and somebody else got it yet my 3rd party financing started and Rivian had all the money. Ended up with 3rd vin after making 2 months of payments on R1S I had been promised but didn't get!
3rd third assigned and a month later received it. Drove off the lot and so bothered around the "porpoises" firmness, lack of support, business model, lack of courtesy to communicate, etc etc etc, I test drove a Lighting the next day. Guess what, Ford nailed it. Some much better in all respects, no hassles, quieter, smoother, Ford dealers and support and common parts galore for years. Rivian, no return calls, schedules cramped in both of ONLY two service centers(it needed service BTW), bad business model.
Bought the F150 Lightning and never been happier. (Unloaded the R1S, luckily broke even).
My advise, drive an F150 and Rivian one day apart. You don't need or should endure the "status" of a Rivian!
Good luck,

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Might've fell off the back of the truck. You'll get a new one soon. I totally understand the frustration, especially when coupled with insufficient communication. But like the "old heads" in the forum suggest, it'll be sorted soon. Don't need to post six different times on the same topic, LOL.

You'll be cool and relaxed in your new Rivian before you know it. ☺

Alice

First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Business
I have not experience it but would say try to relax. It might be for the best. If you are still issued a vin, it should come quick.
I got this same message twice within 2 weeks of closing/delivery, and each time I protested, and each time, they came back with no apology and said I was back on track.
The guy who took me for a test drive had warned me that getting all the requirements met as soon as possible would speed up my delivery.

OP
OP

Sculpix

First Name
Sculpix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did Rivian remove the option to “schedule a call with you Guide”?
No, it still exists but doesn't guarantee someone will call you. This was from the last time I tried. It was right after they sent the email about stopping production on the interior I wanted. They wanted me to confirm my order by a certain date, but had no timelone. They just said it would be sometime before the end of the year. We had a lot of holiday travel planned and couldn't roll the dice. IIRC it was a few days before anyone responded

Rivian R1T R1S Order cancelled 13 days out 1000007276

Sponsored

Mooeymoose

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
MD
Interesting. My guild has been amazing and very responsive. I have had my car for 5 months now and the guide still responds quickly in filling out state rebate paper work or reporting software bugs.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Take a deep breath and relax. Something happened with the vehicle meant for you. Could be they had a QA issue with it or maybe a wind turbine fell on it.... who knows. Rivian will get you a vehicle, you will be thrilled you received it.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Order cancelled 13 days out bgy875x

I'd join the group saying it's gonna be ok. Wait until Monday/Tuesday and someone will get to you to let you know what happened. It'll be something like your VIN exploded spontaneously and you'll be happy they didn't put you in that one. Overall, I've found that Rivian employees are focused on getting people in their cars with a smile on their faces and will work with you to make that happen... said by someone who's R1 is in the shop.

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
I am surprised by the amount of people that had guide issues. My 1st guide had to take leave for a new baby coming, but she was quick to introduce me to her replacement. My texts were always answered quickly for both vehicles. I even got a call from an unassigned guide asking if I wanted an R1S from the shop which we ended up taking.

Not sure who the guide will be by the time R2's are available, but that part has never been an issue for me. Take a breath, I am sure they will fix you up quickly with a replacement vehicle.

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
All I can do is be sorry, and buy a F150 Lighting !
This happened to me twice, and 3rd vin I got. In the meantime (3months of same BS). Financing in order and waiting. First vin claim to have bee damaged beyond repair and unsellable during train ride. 2nd vin assigned after my Financing 30 day close passed on the first one, had to then refinance at a higher rate adding thousands to my contract. The 2nd vin didn't lock and somebody else got it yet my 3rd party financing started and Rivian had all the money. Ended up with 3rd vin after making 2 months of payments on R1S I had been promised but didn't get!
3rd third assigned and a month later received it. Drove off the lot and so bothered around the "porpoises" firmness, lack of support, business model, lack of courtesy to communicate, etc etc etc, I test drove a Lighting the next day. Guess what, Ford nailed it. Some much better in all respects, no hassles, quieter, smoother, Ford dealers and support and common parts galore for years. Rivian, no return calls, schedules cramped in both of ONLY two service centers(it needed service BTW), bad business model.
Bought the F150 Lightning and never been happier. (Unloaded the R1S, luckily broke even).
My advise, drive an F150 and Rivian one day apart. You don't need or should endure the "status" of a Rivian!
Good luck,
First ever post ? I'm in the Ford forums as I was waiting 6 months for a mach-e. A lot of complaints about Ford there. Hard pass on Ford and their archaic dealership model. 'Let me get my manager'. No thanks. Rivian all the way.
Sponsored