Sponsored

Only 25000 Rivians to be built this year.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I think it sounds nice on the surface, but for Rivian, it very likely creates a bit of chaos in their software and long-term service.

Every part you choose to remove (especially if it ties into the main system) means you have another variant you have to code for and deal with. And for service, now you have to figure out is this thing broken, missing, or removed by design?

Nothing is impossible, but since they are just starting to get their production streamlined, I have a strong feeling more variants will lead to a slower ramp, not a faster one.
Sponsored

AlexF

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, BMW
Occupation
Computer Systems Validation Engineer
Why "terrifying"?
At it's most basic level.. straighten IC pins, align pins with socket holes, press IC into socket. Done. I've built many, many devices that require pressing IC's into sockets... not difficult at all. On a scale of 1-10, probably a 3 at most.
Long time lurker without posting, but this triggered me. As someone who works in the IC/electronics industry, this is most definitely not how it works.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Long time lurker without posting, but this triggered me. As someone who works in the IC/electronics industry, this is most definitely not how it works.
Oh come on! We all know this is how chips are installed on every circuit board in a car:

Rivian R1T R1S Only 25000 Rivians to be built this year. 1647549487974
Sponsored