On the fence

Perplexed

First Name
Khurram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
With the lease specials going on i am on the fence. Went to my local rivian space today and am a little concerned about the space in the 2nd and 3rd row. I am coming from a VW Atlas and its night and day to legroom in comparison even tho the Rivian is bigger. Im 6’2” and definely have less space driving than in my atlas. Anyone an atlas owner before getting their R1S?
6’4” here… I have no issues with space in front seats - the 2nd row is also comfortable for me as I will never be behind anyone taller than myself.

3rd row, I agree is tight. I had a Palisade which as you may or may not know is excellent for space in all 3 rows.

My kids are also tall but the 3 of them can fit in the 2nd row no issues.

The older 2 arent too keen on getting the 3rd row so they prefer 2nd row.

I don’t regret giving up that bit of extra legroom in 3rd row for all the other benefits of an R1S.
Sponsored

Brian-MS90D

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S (Dual Motor, Max pack, LA Silver)
In the OP's defense, one of my favorite vehicles was a 2013 VW Touareg diesel. The Atlas is kinda like that in a general sense. However, I lost all faith in VW products after diesel gate. What a bunch of criminals (literally). I'll never reward those bastards with my money again.

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

In the OP's defense, one of my favorite vehicles was a 2013 VW Touareg diesel. The Atlas is kinda like that in a general sense. However, I lost all faith in VW products after diesel gate. What a bunch of criminals (literally). I'll never reward those bastards with my money again.
Make sure you don’t use any EA stations then…

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

I saw a model X today with the third row up. They looked like the back seats in a Porsche Carrera.

The Toureg with a xfer case and two locking diffs was a serious sleeper.

Sponsored

RivianNeighbor

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Preorder
Picked mine up Wednesday. Drove 280 miles home. Absolutely love it. Driving around town on short trips, love it even more. Handles like a sports car but in a SUV form.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I always wanted the original Atlas for the size but the engine/economy was awful. Goodluck on the new R1S!