trevtremaine

First Name
Trev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model Y - R1T Adventure+MaxPack
Clubs

Well, after much contemplation and yet another delivery delay until mid-2024, I've elected to pull the plug. As much as I think it's a good vehicle, there are things that the R1T needs to get fixed:
  • NACS is a big one for me
  • MaxPack removal from the QUAD is another
  • The extended gear they've removed
  • The bed cover issues (whether they've truly fixed it or not)
  • The functionality initially touted that's been chucked
The final straw really is that while waiting on a pre-order, Rivian has elected to open sales up from inventory as opposed to trying to fill those back orders. Couple that with continued delays to opening a Service Centre in Toronto makes me wonder whether they can get all the pieces together to support customers. I suspect that given the latest financial numbers and the $33K overhead per vehicle, we'll be seeing more cost cutting within new production vehicles soon (as well as a potential price hike to boot). I do want to see Rivian succeed but I'm now unwilling to stick my neck out given the circumstances.

Best of luck to those who still have orders.
Sponsored

mzdds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S, 2023 R1S
Occupation
Dentist
The shop is nothing new. I got mine from the shop in April vs waiting for July-October delivery. The main issue with continue to be the cash bleed and the performance of the service centers.