First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche 911 GTS
Occupation
Dentist, air show pilot
There has yet to be any mention of on-road character with Rivian vehicles. Though it is important to me to use my truck off road frequently, 90% of the use will be driving on paved roads at speeds of 70 mph. I am very interested in steering feel at highway speeds. How is high speed stability and emergency maneuvering? Will the air suspension make these vehicles corner without much body lean? Steering feel is the reason the new Bronco may outshine the otherwise equal Jeep Wrangler, and why the H1 Hummer was so pleasant to drive. Can we get Rivian to offer a review of road manners?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Would you trust such a review from the manufacturer? I wouldn’t.

wait for first deliveries and the YouTube reviews that will immediately follow.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Look at my thread on Rivian Chat tid-bit of info. The dude said he got to ride in a R1T and described it as unbelievable, very responsive and so forth. Sounded like he was holding back wanting to say its amazing.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
There has yet to be any mention of on-road character with Rivian vehicles. Though it is important to me to use my truck off road frequently, 90% of the use will be driving on paved roads at speeds of 70 mph. I am very interested in steering feel at highway speeds. How is high speed stability and emergency maneuvering? Will the air suspension make these vehicles corner without much body lean? Steering feel is the reason the new Bronco may outshine the otherwise equal Jeep Wrangler, and why the H1 Hummer was so pleasant to drive. Can we get Rivian to offer a review of road manners?
1) Air suspension is not the really cool part of the suspension. It's the hydraulic active damping system...truly top end stuff that should not disappoint. It will also allow for different modes depending on your preference or type of driving.

2) Steering feel is an interesting one though. Total speculation, but I'm guessing these will be steer by wire, so steering ratios & feel could be adjustable.

There are some normal guys that are trying to pull some strings to get access to a vehicle. Stay tuned. ?
Sponsored