Sponsored

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Same here. The more transparency the better. For example, I'm on the fence on some colors, if I know that blue will be available a month earlier than yellow, that could make the decision easy for me.
I'm team yellow. I'm pretty much certain you can take it as a given blue will be at least a month before yellow. Just based on my expectations. ;)

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
It is the R1S fob as one of the buttons is for powered liftgate. I think good bet that button will be reconfigured to control R1T powered tonneau.
My guess is that it could be integrated as a press and hold instead of a press and release of the same set of buttons. My 4Runner you could press and hold and then the back window would roll down. Maybe I am dreaming here, but if the frunk button is press to open, and then press and hold to close, and then tailgate button press lowers the tailgate, press and hold to open the bed cover.

I also remember my sister's Accord is you press and hold the unlock button, it would roll down all the windows and even the sunroof so it could air out by the time you reached the car.

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

This would have been discussed already. But still thought of posting what I heard back from the CS. Looks like they are still on track to deliver LEs by end of the year or early 2022 since they are planning completed Guide intros to all LE holders by Thansgiving.

CS: I appreciate your question, and I apologize if there was any confusion surrounding the recent email that was to our preorder community today. For Launch Edition holder such as yourself, Rivian Guides will begin reaching out starting next month. All Rivian Guide intros will be completed by Thanksgiving for Launch Edition holders only. Deliveries are still set to begin in June for the Launch Edition R1T, and August for the Launch Edition R1S. Your timeline for delivery is influenced by three factors: Your final configuration, geographic location, and preorder date. In short, your timeline for delivery will become more specific as you complete the final order process with your Guide. At this time, you will also be able to schedule delivery from your Rivian account.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I feel this is really bad news, as a LE pre-order holder there is a 7 month window just to find out when you will get finalize your order.
When did you place your pre-order? That should help you manage your timeline expectations.

Sponsored

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Yeah c'mon where's the 'Non-load bearing' or only load bearing up to x-lbs disclaimer fine print? Must be a pre-production Fob
But did you notice that it's waterproof? Well done Rivian. I for one think it's pretty sweet. And, I'm holding out hope for alternative methods for getting in. Obviously the card and smart phone are alternatives to the FOB. But, maybe Alexa with a one-time spoken password? (We know it's possible Rivian!!) I'd LOVE to be able to just walk away with nothing but a swimsuit and know my things are safe.

ajclemente

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mountain Bike
Occupation
Landscaper
When did you place your pre-order? That should help you manage your timeline expectations.
Yes, but it's just one of the several other data points.

1. Your original preorder date
2. Where you take delivery by the coverage of Rivian Service Centers
3. Where you take delivery by Mobile Service fleet
4. Where you take delivery by available charging infrastructure
5. What you configured by paint color
6. What you configured by interior package
7. What you configured by option choices

The next step is to:
  1. Determine the weight of each data point
  2. Multiply the weight by each value
  3. Add the results of step two together

Then you will have your delivery date window.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

The next step is to:

Of course... but we'll never get those weightings. What's your pre-order date? what did you configure? you appear to be in socal which is likely to work in your favor, not against you. these are going to be the biggest factors, paint and other other options will likely have less influence (eg, they're going to do batches of white but that doesn't mean all white LE vehicles will be produced in June).

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I would have thought this line would have made at least a few people with various reasons for hesitation happy: "Our confidence in your satisfaction is demonstrated in our 7-day, 1,000-mile return policy." This was new news for me but I admit up front it could simply have previously escaped my attention if this has been known for a while..
This was new yesterday.

Sponsored

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Of course... but we'll never get those weightings. What's your pre-order date? what did you configure? you appear to be in socal which is likely to work in your favor, not against you. these are going to be the biggest factors, paint and other other options will likely have less influence (eg, they're going to do batches of white but that doesn't mean all white LE vehicles will be produced in June).
I am guessing that this is what they are doing. I doubt there is any configuration that a 2018 LE pre order can choose that would put them in the back of the line for LE.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

The next step is to:

You forgot R1T vs R1S.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager

The next step is to:

42...the answer is always 42. ;)

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I guess the benefit is your wallet isn't stolen... But it seems like your car window will still be smashed, right?
I don't think this is new for Washington. I was up there about 15 years ago and the people at the hotel desk actually told us not to park at any trail heads. They gave us a tip and said there are people with signs in the yard offering paid parking and they will watch the cars while you are gone. Worked out for us, about 10 bucks each time but zero issues.

Kind of sad that it appears to still be an issue though.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Also...went back in to check if I wanted to stick with the 21" Street/Tire setup and noticed a kick-stand looking thing that wasn't there before. Or at least pretty sure it was not there like forever ago when I (we) first configured....

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 1619216436790
Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 1619216504232
Camp Kitchen Stove slider thing!
Sponsored