Offering price increase? Again?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Lightning Standard
Just leaving this here, not trying to bring the hype down but I found the insight interesting. I do not own Rivian shares.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greats...luation-dont-buy-rivians-ipo/?sh=2356028130d1

If you watch individual stocks, you will quickly find out that these articles authors do not know what they are talking about anymore than you do (assuming you take a little bit of time to research).

Almost daily you'll see from the sites:

Don't Buy "X" Stock.... That same day it's up 10%
Buy "Y" Stock.... Same day, it's down 20%
Why "Z" stock is cratering... Same day (few hours after it dipped), it's up 5%.

With the Rivian price increases, I will definitely lower my initial purchase. But, overtime, I would consider there to be notable profit even at ~$70-$80/share. But, I'm kind of thinking it will decline in the near-term though, but cannot be sure as they must have a solid reason to keep raising it.
Sponsored

Fred6v

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi avant, VW Tiguan
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Forbes analysis was solid. 10 foot pole away from stock but bullish that they raise $10b to derisk runaway until get to full production!

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Forbes analysis was solid. 10 foot pole away from stock but bullish that they raise $10b to derisk runaway until get to full production!
I also appreciated the Forbes analysis.

And here it is...90 minutes after the nominal time for the final price...and crickets. And the confirmation deadline is ticking down.

One other thing that is weighing heavily on me is...I had a MS account for my company's ESPP. But I needed to set up a 2nd MS account for this IPO. And I have been steadily bombarded by phone calls (2) and emails (a dozen?) to invest in something other stuff...something targeting 11-12% return with 1% downside <eyeroll>. And I gotta say...the entire Glengarry Glen Ross aspect of this has very much turned me off.

I hope the company does well - and I eventually get a truck - but I'm out for the IPO.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
One other thing that is weighing heavily on me is...I had a MS account for my company's ESPP. But I needed to set up a 2nd MS account for this IPO. And I have been steadily bombarded by phone calls (2) and emails (a dozen?) to invest in something other stuff...something targeting 11-12% return with 1% downside <eyeroll>. And I gotta say...the entire Glengarry Glen Ross aspect of this has very much turned me off.
You must be special. I have received neither phone calls nor email as a result of creating the DSP account.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
You must be special. I have received neither phone calls nor email as a result of creating the DSP account.
Was that with Morgan Stanley? I ask as my wife hands me physical mail from them...<sigh>

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Was that with Morgan Stanley? I ask as my wife hands me physical mail from them...<sigh>
MS is the only way to participate in DSP.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Just leaving this here, not trying to bring the hype down but I found the insight interesting. I do not own Rivian shares.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greats...luation-dont-buy-rivians-ipo/?sh=2356028130d1
I am not particularly bullish on the IPO, but I find this analysis less than convincing. It is entirely rational and numbers-based, but bases its analysis on the valuation of legacy companies, and appears to exclude Tesla's valuation. Nor does it mention Lucid, valued over 72B today.

Do I think Rivian will be a meme/bandwagon stock like Tesla? No. But I also don't expect it to be valued like a legacy automaker. This assumption is not examined in the article, though it drives the ultimate conclusion.
Sponsored