First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eTron GT
Occupation
Management Consultant
You do indeed and that is the thing that frightens me the most when I think about the future of BEV adoption in the USA. You know and I know that there are lots and lots of people out there that will never get that feel. Until and unless charging opportunities are as plentiful as gassing up opportunities I fear we won't get there.
Last week I just drove to NYC and back (with a detour in the Philly area on the way back) and a quick glance at the supercharger map told me I didn't really have to plan my charging because of the number of superchargers between DC and NYC. That is the exception and not the rule nationwide, but we are making progress. Two years ago I drove to Florida and you had to plan, six months ago I drove to Florida and back and there were more options. We will get there...
Thank you for your replies. I am in MoCo as well :fist bump:

I have been thinking quite a bit on this issue, and others. I am coming to conclusion that it is not the range that is an issue, I do agree with you both that charging stations will become far more accessible in the near future. What is really holding me back is charging times.

That and a number of items convinced me I should wait until about 2025-28. In the mean time, I am going to enjoy my last ICE dinosaur.

Cheers and that you for all the input and guidance.
Sponsored