First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
We just got our Husky Weatherbeater mats. They seem okay but I had to cut off a lot of the little carpet holder knobs where they touched molded plastic in the truck. Otherwise they fit pretty well. That not the point of this post though.

When I went to install the mats, I didn't realize how much I would notice the floor being dark now. I didn't think it would make that much difference, but it was clearly helping brighten up the interior. I decided to look for some lighter colored floor mats, I came across "custom car floor mats" that are available in different colors but they don't support Rivian (yet). Plus I'm not sure I like the form. Has anyone considered using some flexible interior paint to paint the mats to match the light interior? I'm hoping there is something out there that is durable since it would be less than ideal for the paint to start scraping off.

I'm kinda surprised how much the dark color mats bother me!
Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I bought the rivian all weather floor mats as that’s what I had on my Tacoma but immensely loved the Chilewich floormats and returner the all weather. The Chilewich are easy to clean and look great.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I kept the Chilewich in the front and got all Warner for the back since they’d where the kids are and are sure to drop crap and muddy things up.

OP
OP
jollyroger

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I kept the Chilewich in the front and got all Warner for the back since they’d where the kids are and are sure to drop crap and muddy things up.
I guess I hadn't really considered that, But we really like to take the dog to the beach and I would want to make sure the sand doesn't get into the nooks and crannys. Are the tabs pretty robust to attach and detach mats pretty regularly?

I might get annoyed doing that but I could use the chilewich to show off, and the all weather to do, you know, "Truck Stuff".
Sponsored