Sponsored

Northwest Rivian Roundup on Friday, May 13th

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Allroad, Honda Accord, Audi A6
We'll be there and looking forward to the second gathering of Rivian fans and owners!!!
Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Uncertain if I'll be able to make it this time - have a work meeting scheduled to run late; but if it ends early, I'll be there. (The weather will decide which EV I bring. 😁 - unless Rivian decides to go from "no Guide contact" to "vehicle delivered" in five days...)

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Sounds good. I’m looking forward to it. I hope to see the color combo that I ordered. Forest Green/green interior
😀

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Still planning on making it Friday - looking forward to seeing folks!

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I have a few things to coordinate on my end (wife playing hooky at work and Grandma babysitting), but hopefully it all comes together for us to make it down from Seattle!

Sponsored

Addison1060

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Jeep GC Overland, '23 R1S
Occupation
Actuary
Clubs

Looking forward to seeing everyone again - thanks for organizing! We'll be there with my R1S photo rendering from the website. Two humans confirmed, one canine tentative.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck Thanks for making another of these events. Unfortunately my R1T has been stuck at the Bellevue service center going on 2 weeks to fix delivery issues so I won't be able to make it with the truck. 😭
That sucks, but hopefully you can still make it!

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

would like to join you guys but a bit too far for me (live near Bellevue, WA). wonder if you'll get anyone with an R1S this time :oops: 🤷‍♂️

probably still to early to see one of those unless theres an employee out there who got one.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Thanks @DuckTruck for arranging another meetup! I am planning on being there with my R1T. I have a Zero23 Peregrine 180 (short) awning mounted if anybody is interested in that. I also have a work-in-progress mobile workstation prototype that I put together this last weekend.
Fantastic! As I posted earlier, this will be a great time for "Show & Tell". With Rivian gear, Yakima goods, products from the aftermarket (I'm bringing CarCover, TeslaTap, and - hopefully - SnapPlate goods), we'll all be able to see the possibilities in real life.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work station. That's the kind of thing that will stir other ideas for how to make things as customized as needed for the futuse.

See you there!

MikeFVF51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 Pro RWD, VW Routan
Occupation
Retired Sales Manager
Hello Northwest Rivian Owners, Reservation Holders and Fans!

On Friday, May 13th, we are reconvening at Fido's Tap House/48th North Pizzeria in Tigard. This is the same location as our April 8th gathering. As a reminder, there is an ElectrifyAmerica charging station in the same parking lot so folks can charge while they visit.

The addess is 7700 SW Dartmouth St #110, Tigard, OR 97223. To accommodate work and family schedules, I'm planning to be there from 4:00 until 10:00 p.m. and hope everyone can drop by for a bit, or for the duration.

With so many recent R1 deliveries and new people out there, I thought it'd be fun to do this one more time before Memorial Day, so we can start planning some great outdoor events for this Summer and beyond. Many have said their schedules are getting jammed up on and after the upcoming Holiday weekend.

As Fido's business is ramping up with the better weather, we have a new wrinkle this go-around, but the owners are more than happy to work with us to make our gathering happen. The separate, tented area to the side will have an event with a band, starting at 6:00. People wanting to take in the music under the tent will need to pay a cover charge. That said, the inside of Fido's/48th North Pizza and the front sidewalk area away from the tent are open for us to visit, while enjoyong their great beers and tasty pizza. I've been told we can block out those spots immediately in front for several Rivians, but there is also plenty of adjacent parking for all of us.

If anyone wants to take in the music, the cover charge is $8.00. They'll take your money there and issue wristbands to those interested in joining that event. They've asked that I provide wristbands to all of the Rivian crowd and ask everyone to respect the band's event.

I'm hoping to have as many people as possible there at 6:30. Unlike last time, I want to make sure to capture a few full group shots for the sake of posterity, and to share with others in the Forums, and those at the Mothership in Normal. I'd like them to know that while they're busy building some amazing trucks, they're also helping to build some really great friendships. They should see the results of their handiwork.

Please respond here (or feel free to message me privately) to let me if you can make it and the numbers of folks you're bringing. Remember, Fido's is extremely dog-friendly.

Sparky's beggin' you to come back!
IMG_0361.jpg

As a notice to those who weren't there last time, and a reminder for those of us who were, but suffer from CRS, here's the informational notice for that event.
"The businesses share the same space and have outdoor, and a tented table area outside, in addition to indoor seating. They sit in the N.W. corner of Walmart's parking lot, which is to the N.E. of Highway 217, between Hwy 99 to the West, and I-5 to the East. Of course, feel free to bring your spouse, significant other, or both. With plenty of beer and sharp eating utensils, what could go wrong? If contemplating bringing kids, I'd encourage you to call them 503-941-5757 to let them talk you out of that.

"The far side of the lot includes an ElectrifyAmerica station With 15 CCS chargers (four 350's, eleven 150's) plus one CHAdeMO plug. At lunchtime today, all looked to be functional, none were in use, and there was no ICE'ing going on.

"Fido's/48th North don't open until 3:00 P.M., and I'm guessing most folks will be there at 5:00 or shortly thereafter. That said, I plan to get there early (4'ish), you know, just to make sure the beer is cold and plentiful. The menu and other pics are attached here. Fido's does Growler fills, as well. Also, as the name implies, this is a pet-friendly establishment, so feel free to bring your dogs! FWIW, I'll be leaving my cats at home....

"Please feel free to respond here, or message me to share your intent, as William (on the Pizzeria side) would like an inkling as to how many we might have. The pizza and tap house sit in the far corner of the parking lot from Walmart, to your right as you enter the lot using either driveway. William tells me we should have plenty of space to park any Rivians in one location, right outside the door.

"As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to have everyone's phone number for this and future events, including the OEVA EarthDay gathering in Wilsonville on Saturday the 23rd of April, starting at 10:00 in the morning (more elsewhere here, and to follow).

"While we can head to more unique and fun properties in the future (one of McMenamins' locations, perhaps), I thought we'd start here to allow anyone in need of a charge to take advantage of ElectrifyAmerica's station and the proximity to the freeway.

"Hope to hear from everyone soon!

"(p.s. bring your Growlers to fill them, as Fido's has a great selection of brews!)"

screenshot_20220401-152239_maps-jpg.jpg

screenshot_20220401-152331_maps-jpg.jpg

20220401_120829-jpg.jpg

20220401_121016-jpg.jpg

20220401_121654-jpg.jpg

20220401_121222-jpg.jpg

20220401_120939-jpg.jpg
Hello Northwest Rivian Owners, Reservation Holders and Fans!

On Friday, May 13th, we are reconvening at Fido's Tap House/48th North Pizzeria in Tigard. This is the same location as our April 8th gathering. As a reminder, there is an ElectrifyAmerica charging station in the same parking lot so folks can charge while they visit.

The addess is 7700 SW Dartmouth St #110, Tigard, OR 97223. To accommodate work and family schedules, I'm planning to be there from 4:00 until 10:00 p.m. and hope everyone can drop by for a bit, or for the duration.

With so many recent R1 deliveries and new people out there, I thought it'd be fun to do this one more time before Memorial Day, so we can start planning some great outdoor events for this Summer and beyond. Many have said their schedules are getting jammed up on and after the upcoming Holiday weekend.

As Fido's business is ramping up with the better weather, we have a new wrinkle this go-around, but the owners are more than happy to work with us to make our gathering happen. The separate, tented area to the side will have an event with a band, starting at 6:00. People wanting to take in the music under the tent will need to pay a cover charge. That said, the inside of Fido's/48th North Pizza and the front sidewalk area away from the tent are open for us to visit, while enjoyong their great beers and tasty pizza. I've been told we can block out those spots immediately in front for several Rivians, but there is also plenty of adjacent parking for all of us.

If anyone wants to take in the music, the cover charge is $8.00. They'll take your money there and issue wristbands to those interested in joining that event. They've asked that I provide wristbands to all of the Rivian crowd and ask everyone to respect the band's event.

I'm hoping to have as many people as possible there at 6:30. Unlike last time, I want to make sure to capture a few full group shots for the sake of posterity, and to share with others in the Forums, and those at the Mothership in Normal. I'd like them to know that while they're busy building some amazing trucks, they're also helping to build some really great friendships. They should see the results of their handiwork.

Please respond here (or feel free to message me privately) to let me if you can make it and the numbers of folks you're bringing. Remember, Fido's is extremely dog-friendly.

Sparky's beggin' you to come back!
IMG_0361.jpg

As a notice to those who weren't there last time, and a reminder for those of us who were, but suffer from CRS, here's the informational notice for that event.
"The businesses share the same space and have outdoor, and a tented table area outside, in addition to indoor seating. They sit in the N.W. corner of Walmart's parking lot, which is to the N.E. of Highway 217, between Hwy 99 to the West, and I-5 to the East. Of course, feel free to bring your spouse, significant other, or both. With plenty of beer and sharp eating utensils, what could go wrong? If contemplating bringing kids, I'd encourage you to call them 503-941-5757 to let them talk you out of that.

"The far side of the lot includes an ElectrifyAmerica station With 15 CCS chargers (four 350's, eleven 150's) plus one CHAdeMO plug. At lunchtime today, all looked to be functional, none were in use, and there was no ICE'ing going on.

"Fido's/48th North don't open until 3:00 P.M., and I'm guessing most folks will be there at 5:00 or shortly thereafter. That said, I plan to get there early (4'ish), you know, just to make sure the beer is cold and plentiful. The menu and other pics are attached here. Fido's does Growler fills, as well. Also, as the name implies, this is a pet-friendly establishment, so feel free to bring your dogs! FWIW, I'll be leaving my cats at home....

"Please feel free to respond here, or message me to share your intent, as William (on the Pizzeria side) would like an inkling as to how many we might have. The pizza and tap house sit in the far corner of the parking lot from Walmart, to your right as you enter the lot using either driveway. William tells me we should have plenty of space to park any Rivians in one location, right outside the door.

"As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to have everyone's phone number for this and future events, including the OEVA EarthDay gathering in Wilsonville on Saturday the 23rd of April, starting at 10:00 in the morning (more elsewhere here, and to follow).

"While we can head to more unique and fun properties in the future (one of McMenamins' locations, perhaps), I thought we'd start here to allow anyone in need of a charge to take advantage of ElectrifyAmerica's station and the proximity to the freeway.

"Hope to hear from everyone soon!

"(p.s. bring your Growlers to fill them, as Fido's has a great selection of brews!)"

screenshot_20220401-152239_maps-jpg.jpg

screenshot_20220401-152331_maps-jpg.jpg

20220401_120829-jpg.jpg

20220401_121016-jpg.jpg

20220401_121654-jpg.jpg

20220401_121222-jpg.jpg

20220401_120939-jpg.jpg
I've put it on my calendar and hope to see everyone.

Sponsored

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
Will stop by, looking forward to it!

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I was at the first meet up and had a great time. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. I'm scheduled to go to Seattle this weekend to help my son with some electrical work for the new shop he's building.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Well, went to my calendar, and have an event downtown at 7, and late work meeting that probably won’t end until 5:30, so I’ll be missing out for sure.

dizzo

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Tech/Software Product Manager
@DuckTruck, we'll be in attendance! Thanks for bringing the community together again at Fido's! Our Uncle Larry will be joining us, too—he has aspirations to be the first logger in Oregon with a R1T/electric truck. Larry has yet to see a R1T in-person! Super exciting!

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

@DuckTruck Thanks for making another of these events. Unfortunately my R1T has been stuck at the Bellevue service center going on 2 weeks to fix delivery issues so I won't be able to make it with the truck. 😭
I hadn’t even considered I wouldn’t have my truck, figured my knee would be the obstacle but they took my truck on Saturday for a long list of issues, mostly nitpicking on my part. Fingers crossed I get it back before Friday.
Sponsored