No Panic Button on R1 Key Fob

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Apologies in advance for offering a non-car proposal but I always run with a Spi-belt. https://spibelt.com/. My Rivian running plan is to have my phone in the belt as usual (otherwise, no music/podcasts) and probably wear the little plastic Rivian bracelet.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I've got an older vehicle, with only BT connectivity. Does this require a specific app? Because my phone won't do it natively.
It's built in to both Apple Maps and Google Maps -- so that covers MOST phones.

I'm an iPhone user, and "it just works" seems to apply, here. My phone automatically saves the location. I did a quick Google search, and it seems Android supports the feature but you may have to manually tap something to use it.

https://www.insider.com/use-this-google-maps-trick-to-find-your-exact-parking-location-2017-8

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
It's built in to both Apple Maps and Google Maps -- so that covers MOST phones.

I'm an iPhone user, and "it just works" seems to apply, here. My phone automatically saves the location. I did a quick Google search, and it seems Android supports the feature but you may have to manually tap something to use it.

https://www.insider.com/use-this-google-maps-trick-to-find-your-exact-parking-location-2017-8
Ah, there it is! I'll probably forget that feature is there next time I need it, for the same reason I *need* it every time I park my car ?

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

I have a panic button on my Toyota key fob. I use it in the rare instance when I have “lost” my car in a parking lot. It really does help me find my car. I also like the security of knowing that I can hit the button if I am walking to my car alone at night. I am curious as to why the Rivian key fob lacks a panic button. Does anyone know why they wouldn’t include a panic button, besides the key fob has four quadrants and there is no more space?
Contact Customer Service.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Maybe it will make this chirping sound, instead of the typical loud honking noise.
That wouldn't work so well in certain areas of Florida due to some of our more "aged" demographics -

Old Conjurer: "Where the hell did I park my car and WHY is that damned bird still chirping at me?!"
?
Sponsored