First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I’m new to the forum. I’ve noticed that the lane departure warning (LDW) feature of driver+ is very erratic. There’s a road near my house newly panted , bright and clearly marked lanes, double yellow and solid white, and I can drive over those lines with not a peep from LDW. In other cases, it won’t pick up the double yellow, but it will pick up the white solid line on the right hand side. Other times it alerts as it should. What’s going on?
Sponsored

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Mine will occasionally be overly protective and give me a lane departure warning because of a crack in the road surface... or even because of a shadow on the ground.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I’m new to the forum. I’ve noticed that the lane departure warning (LDW) feature of driver+ is very erratic. There’s a road near my house newly panted , bright and clearly marked lanes, double yellow and solid white, and I can drive over those lines with not a peep from LDW. In other cases, it won’t pick up the double yellow, but it will pick up the white solid line on the right hand side. Other times it alerts as it should. What’s going on?
drive with the cameras on the center display, and watch the lane graphics on the driver display.

what do you see?

OP
OP

Karmatrek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
I see the gray lines representing the lane markers on the driver display, and when I cross the double yellow, it shows the car still centered in the lane. The camera view shows the lane markers accurately.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The manual says that LKA is only active above 44 mph. Not sure if that's your issue, but I definitely notice it doing nothing when I'm below that speed. Also as above, it's sometimes over-reactive when it comes to tar snakes, cracks in the road, weird shadows, etc. I've also noticed that if a sharper curve is coming it will try to force you to the inside much earlier than I'm comfortable with. Usually I turn off LKA on a canyon road for that reason.

Sponsored

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I see the gray lines representing the lane markers on the driver display, and when I cross the double yellow, it shows the car still centered in the lane. The camera view shows the lane markers accurately.
strange. I'll have to keep an eye on the display to see what it does for me.

that being said, i have LKA/Warning turned off. I hated it during the first mile event and it was the first thing i disabled.

OP
OP

Karmatrek

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
44 MPH could be the issue. The speed limit is 40 on that road and the police frequently set speed traps, so I am usually driving slightly above 40 MPH. I will experiment with that and report back.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

The manual says that LKA is only active above 44 mph. Not sure if that's your issue, but I definitely notice it doing nothing when I'm below that speed. Also as above, it's sometimes over-reactive when it comes to tar snakes, cracks in the road, weird shadows, etc. I've also noticed that if a sharper curve is coming it will try to force you to the inside much earlier than I'm comfortable with. Usually I turn off LKA on a canyon road for that reason.
And if you don't turn it off, it will turn itself off eventually because it thinks you're not paying attention to it or something. I leave it off because I have those issues all over where I am. Besides, don't need to become a lazy driver.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I leave it off because I have those issues all over where I am. Besides, don't need to become a lazy driver.
I generally feel the same way, but with all the interaction in the vehicle being through a touchscreen, I do like knowing there's a backup keeping an eye on things every once in awhile. But most of the time it just fights me at weird times.

Sponsored

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

I generally feel the same way, but with all the interaction in the vehicle being through a touchscreen, I do like knowing there's a backup keeping an eye on things every once in awhile. But most of the time it just fights me at weird times.
As much as I hated the idea of it at first, I've actually gotten into using Alexa voice control a bit. Between that and the steering wheel controls, I don't need to interact while in motion much at all.

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
This was one of the first features I disabled as soon as I got my R1T. Hella annoying.