Sponsored

New Princeton, NJ Service Center coming?

OP
OP

Rubicon789

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance; Minivan
Occupation
Pilot
So someone at that local is doing something. They just had a landscaper there clearing all the weeds and freshening it up. Curious what will go there.
Sponsored

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Allentown area. My guide told me that home delivery wasnt being prioritized when my R1S was en route to the BSC and being inspected. The email I got for Rivian when my R1S was ready only had openings to pick up at the SC. I didn't choose any for a few days. Then out of nowhere, I got a text from the BSC saying my R1S passed inspection and they could deliver it to my home....I took the first date they offered because I wasn't going to give them a chance to rethink this.
Meanwhile, youtubers that are 40 miles away get home delivery.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Meanwhile, youtubers that are 40 miles away get home delivery.
Home delivery was much more common early on, when youtubers were getting vehicles and making videos.

Do you really expect home delivery for all 50k vehicles Rivian hopes to build this year?

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Home delivery was much more common early on, when youtubers were getting vehicles and making videos.

Do you really expect home delivery for all 50k vehicles Rivian hopes to build this year?
It happened in April. I asked for home delivery and they said the Brooklyn isn't doing home deliveries. Then I saw s home delivery on youtube from Brooklyn with white glove service. I had to drive 2 hours to Brooklyn the following week to get mine.

thisisdiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y

Spotted yesterday in Linden on Route 1. I wonder if they finally have a storage location in Edison or Princeton.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rubicon789

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance; Minivan
Occupation
Pilot

Spotted yesterday in Linden on Route 1. I wonder if they finally have a storage location in Edison or Princeton.
Hopefully soon. That location on Route 1 is still buzzing. There’s something going on there. It’s for sale but have not seen any more Rivian vehicles there.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru

Does having a storage area mean that the location is just for that instead of a SC, or do they go together….or nobody here has a clue but we will all speculate endlessly until a firm statement comes from Rivian.

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

https://rivian.com/experience/service

If you zoom in on the map at the bottom, they specifically call out Edison as the location for a future SC
Yes both Edison and Trenton and this has been known since earlier this year. What is hard to find out is permits, location, progress. Rumors are Q1 2024 which makes sense but we will see.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

When I had remote service about a few weeks ago, the tech told me that a center in Trenton should open by the end of the year, but a building still had to be built for Edison, so that would be longer. He did not mention anything about temporary locations.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

When I had remote service about a few weeks ago, the tech told me that a center in Trenton should open by the end of the year, but a building still had to be built for Edison, so that would be longer. He did not mention anything about temporary locations.
This is great news if the Trenton center opens. I tried finding permits but no information. If it was to open in four months time then I would have hoped someone would know the locations and see work starting on it.
I saw hiring is underway looking at the Rivian career page.

Last edited:

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Clubs

No substantive update but someone on reddit a few months back noted they heard Trenton was going to be a "mobile service center."

Multiple job listings have been posted for both Trenton and Edison for months, all the Trenton jobs have a "field service" title.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

No substantive update but someone on reddit a few months back noted they heard Trenton was going to be a "mobile service center."

Multiple job listings have been posted for both Trenton and Edison for months, all the Trenton jobs have a "field service" title.
This could make sense since both locations are relatively close to each other. But this would be the first mobile only service center on the map.

ThePineappleWins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T

I'm in the process of trying to schedule service and they told me that NJ was currently starting as mobile only but would eventfully be full service. No timeframe. I'm currently deciding between the 95 miles + insane traffic to Brooklyn or 150 miles Gaithersburg with less crazy traffic....
Sponsored