oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Does it make you wonder why they want to hose existing owners so badly v/s profit that is acceptable and people would still purchase from them. 3 X is not acceptable same applies to spare tire.
I tend to look at the one on Amazon is a really good deal. What Rivian is charging seems to be in line with other 3rd party merchants. I think some people are willing to pay for the convenience of just getting everything from one place.
Sponsored

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Casting looks different. I'm doubtful they are actually the same sensor. Knockoffs are a huge problem on Amazon.
The set I got (late summer) were not orange casing. It was same black as the advertised Rivian ones.

I'm familiar with buying something I knew was too good of a deal, but still did. The set from Amazon seems genuine as it had the OEM box and instructions.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Cool, I ordered a pair, been wanting the 4, not sure if i need it but it's a nice to have. I remember someone on this forum got quoted $250 for a pair from the service center before. This is palatable.
That was me. This high quote for the pair of additional cargo tie downs occurred before the tie downs had been added to the gear store. Turned out that original quote included a labor charge Rivian’s service system added. When the tie downs were actually delivered I was only charged the same price as the current price in the store. Pricy, but I wanted to secure all four corners of my dog’s travel kennel.

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Casting looks different. I'm doubtful they are actually the same sensor. Knockoffs are a huge problem on Amazon.
This is really weird. If you go to the BH SENS Product Finder, they come in orange casings but it looks like that is for the universal sensor that requires programming and the pre-programmed is in black casing. Also, the image on Amazon is from a product manufactured in 2020, maybe they were all orange back then?

The Amazon link has a different model number (TSSRE4U) than the Rivian model number (TSSRE4A). Both of them are RDE232 sensors which seems like is all that matters. The BH SENS site lists the Rivian specific sensor as 4Nm and TSSRE4A (same as the Gear Shop TPMS).

So if you had a programming tool, looks like you can get these universal sensors for $20 a piece.

RivRyan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
FWIW the Kuat Piston SR kicks a lot of ass. PLUS the gear shop sells them with custom Rivian mounts! I emailed them to see if I can get those mounts because they look really really useful. I currently use the t-slot mounts and they work, but are more work to remove/install and don't look as nice and secure as these.
1700538778173.png

Sponsored
Kind of hoping to hear you have an unusually large bike.

Sponsored

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Canyon Red R1T, 2022 Blue Model Y,
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Kind of hoping to hear you have an unusually large bike.
It's a Trek Rail 7 (Medium). Fairly large enduro bike with 29"ers and 50 lbs. But the bed on the Rivian isn't super large, so normal MTBs still are a snug fit.

RivRyan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
People are using a tailgate cover to put bikes in the bed with their forks over the gate and outside the bed. But that bike almost looks like it wouldn't fit.

The primary use case for me getting a R1T would be to continue throwing my bike/our bikes in the bed to jumpstart bike trips without a lot of hassle, as I do with my Tundra. I know the bed is smaller, but your photo has me worried. It's not like Rivian's Chicago Space is going to let me scratch one of their trucks by letting me test-fit my bike.

I guess I could put bikes in back with the tailgate down, but I'm starting to wonder how well this will work for me.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
People are using a tailgate cover to put bikes in the bed with their forks over the gate and outside the bed. But that bike almost looks like it wouldn't fit.

The primary use case for me getting a R1T would be to continue throwing my bike/our bikes in the bed to jumpstart bike trips without a lot of hassle, as I do with my Tundra. I know the bed is smaller, but your photo has me worried. It's not like Rivian's Chicago Space is going to let me scratch one of their trucks by letting me test-fit my bike.

I guess I could put bikes in back with the tailgate down, but I'm starting to wonder how well this will work for me.
Which li tire are you referring to?

RivRyan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
Not sure what you mean. I don't know what an li tire is, and I didn't refer to a tire.

OP
OP
endress14

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD

I have a size L trek, different model but similar size that fits just fine over a tailgate pad with room to spare.

Sponsored

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
We have not impressed with the Rivian Gear Shop. I ordered the Bomber Jacket in size large. When I received the jacket it was too tight to zip, and I am on the small side of Large (5'10"/175 lbs). They sent me a label to return the jacket. They sent me another one which also didn't fit. Now they are giving me a hard time about another return. This may be my last purchase from the Gear Shop.

Brian
😖
Sponsored