Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
If they could get 1 RAN charger running on I-5 between LA and SF at Kettleman City or Harris ranch, that would mean you'd only need to use 1 EA charger for probably 10 minutes to make the trip.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If they could get 1 RAN charger running on I-5 between LA and SF at Kettleman City or Harris ranch, that would mean you'd only need to use 1 EA charger for probably 10 minutes to make the trip.
Expect this to occur SooN

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Seems like either Plugshare or users of plugshare (who are bitter they can't charge on RAN DCFC) are flagging these stations as "restricted"

Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Expanding EV Exploration, RAN (Rivian Adventure Network) 1658777818390

I've reported it to Plugshare but who knows what will happen.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Seems like either Plugshare or users of plugshare (who are bitter they can't charge on RAN DCFC) are flagging these stations as "restricted"

1658777818390.png

I've reported it to Plugshare but who knows what will happen.
Interesting but not entirely inaccurate. They're not physically restricted, but usage is restricted in practice. I assume Tesla Superchargers aren't listed that way, but there's a more obvious distinction with those: you can filter out the Tesla connector. Yet another reason PlugShare should include the RAN as one of the listed and filterable networks...

Sponsored

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Interesting but not entirely inaccurate. They're not physically restricted, but usage is restricted in practice. I assume Tesla Superchargers aren't listed that way, but there's a more obvious distinction with those: you can filter out the Tesla connector. Yet another reason PlugShare should include the RAN as one of the listed and filterable networks...
I agree but if the superchargers are going to be normal then these should be too... I did report both and i'm happy to hear that Plugshare already went in and removed the "restricted" from them.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Imho, both Tesla and ran should be restricted, but typically they use this to mean when physical access is denied regardless of openness of the charger, which is most often l2s on private property (ie an employer).
Sponsored